Hungry?

••8:05A.m••

Connie awoke to the savory smell of what she believed had to be some kind of meat wafting through her cracked bedroom door. Bringing her palms to her eyes, she rubbed the tiredness away before giving the side of her bed a glance. Seeing Daryl hadn't been sleeping in was a bit surprising, but caused a feeling of question as she now had an excuse to get out of bed to start her morning.

Throwing her legs to the side, she was careful to look down before getting up because dog had been sleeping peacefully by her side of the bed. With a weary smile, she leaned down and pet the space between his ears before quietly stepping over him. Opening her door, she made her way up the stairs, hand gliding on the railing. The savory smell became more intense the moment she made her way up.

Standing in his over sized flannel the sleeves hung past her fingers though it did leave her legs feeling a little cold from its short length just an inch or two above her thighs. Remembering why she had his shirt on in the first place made her forget about the smell in the air and a blush rise to her cheeks. They'd had a good night together. It was always nice with him. The special moment they shared together last night was everything to her. They always were.

Slow and steady they got to show their love for one another. Sweet enough to leave her in his shirt, cuddling into his side while he held her with an arm. Resting her head on his chest and feeling his heart beat while she drifted off to sleep in his arms. A smile grazed her lips at the pleasant memory that could always bring a genuine blush to her cheeks. The thought of him brought her back to reality wondering where he'd been at this time of morning.

Following the fragrant smell in the air, her feet had taken her down the hall and to the kitchen. Appearing in the doorway a smile danced onto her lips. Admiring him from the distance, she leaned against the doorway, crossing her arms. He was by the stove, laying sizzling slices of bacon onto the pan that smoked vigorously when he laid another slice down, popping grease. He was dressed and ready for the day, but his hair was still messy and tangled from his previous sleep.

Smile lingering, she watched as he then brought his hands to his sleeves and rolled them up to his elbows. Something about him rolling up his sleeves made her feel warm and tingly inside, or maybe it was his concentrated stare. Feeling her cheeks heat slightly at the thoughts that began to swim in her mind, she bit her lip.

Knowing he hadn't known her presence was rare. Though she took the opportunity to quietly sneak up on him as she stepped into the kitchen. Back facing her as he continued turning over the bacon slices. Approaching from behind him mischievously grinning before wrapping her arms around his middle and resting her head onto his back.

She felt him tense slightly under her touch just seconds before he relaxed once knowing whose arms were wrapped around his torso belonged to. Withdrawing from her hold on him, she stepped to his side, watching him give her one of those shy yet sweet smiles of his every time they touched.

"Mornin'."

"Good morning" she smiled, eyes questionably furrowing," Your making breakfast?"

He nodded while placing a lid onto the sizzling pan,"Yeah" he spoke, turning to face her," figured I'd make us somethin' to eat before we head out."

Head out? 

Curious, Connie rose a brow," Head out? Isn't there a council meeting this morning?"

His eyes avoided hers. Returning them back to the pan he'd lidded before taking it off.

"Yeah.." she read from his lips while he placed the crispy bacon slices onto a paper plate sitting on the counter beside the pan. Glancing at her through his bangs, she tilted her head to the side, eyes squinting and arms crossing.