Overwhelming Price To Pay• Pt.3•

••7:00a.m••

At seven in the morning, Connie was up and helping in the dining hall. Getting breakfast ready for when Alexandrian's would wake up and come for breakfast first thing in the morning. In charge of setting the tables, she pushed in left over chairs that had been misplaced. Minding her business and doing her usual, she headed behind the counter and grabbed the stack of plates while feeling Kelly's eyes burning into the back of her head from the chair where she sat.

Walking back around, Connie set the stack of plates onto the table and gave her sister a glance. Seeing that she'd been eyeing her suspiciously, she frowned.

"What?"

"What's going on with you and your boyfriend?" She teased though there was a seriousness to her signing.

Feeling her stomach drop, she returned her eyes back to the stack of plates before splitting them into two stacks beside each other. Fixing the plates gave her time to emotionally stable herself before she gave a harmless shrug looking back towards her sister with a questioning gaze.

"What do you mean?"

Kelly rose a brow," You know.." she trailed with a knowing look," What happened the other day"She deadpanned, brows furrowing." He froze the moment he saw you with that lost look on his face. Remember?"

She remembered alright. How could she forget the way he stood there causing a scene when Gabriel called to him. He'd froze. Seeing his face from where she had sat when they had made eye contact, he looked panicked. His hands were curled up into a ball at his sides. When Gabriel had took a step towards him he stepped back. Eyes dropping to his feet before mumbling something and walking away leaving everyone to sit in wonder before chatting about what just happened..

Luke, Yumiko, Magna and Kelly had all turned to her for answers, but she had none. She had been concerned and wanted to get up to go find him, but she knew she couldn't. Instead she just excused herself from her table and walked out leaving everyone to think she was going to talk to him, but instead she had walked to the quiet side of Alexandria where Daryl would sometimes go for target practice.

Finding the old stump he would set his cans on, she had took a seat. Elbows on her knees, she covered her face with her hands and closed her eyes. She was upset and stressed, but mostly caught off guard. She stayed there at that stump for a while, breathing and anxiously thinking about him and where he had wondered off to..

Instead of answering Kelly, she gave a nod, confirming her remembrance before continuing her previous work, but instead she found herself standing there. Suddenly blanking on what she had to do next. Though it didn't really matter when a gentle tap to her arm made her eyes return back to her sister who seemed questionable.

"You didn't talk to him did you?"

Searching her eyes with hesitance, Connie sighed. Kelly wasn't going to stop asking about him even if she went around her questions multiple times, she was going to find the truth somehow. She shook her head.

"No."

Kelly shifted in her chair arms crossing and leaning back as her eyes narrowed, watching for more of a response from her sister.

"We're..."she paused, eyes briefly falling to her hands while she took a moment for herself. She hadn't told anyone about her and Daryl. Especially Kelly because she didn't need her to go confronting him for something that was their decision they made together the moment it happened.

"We're on a break. It was our decision." She assured before giving a helpless shrug," He needed it Kelly. He was overwhelmed and I could see it.." she signed slowly, her face falling into something of sympathy. Taking a shaky breath, briefly her eyes closed while lightly shaking her head," I would watch him leave and stay out for hours and when he would come back, he wouldn't say much."