Chapter 4-The Banter

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 4

Damien Doukas' POV

"Stop it!"

I raised an eyebrow at her flushed face, "What did I do Adrianna mou?"

"Stop looking at me like you want to eat me!" She hissed and I grinned.

"What if I do want to eat you?" I raked my eyes over her body. "And I have to say you look absolutely lovely when you're furious."

Adrianna blinked before flushing and narrowed her eyes at me, "I'm not furious, I'm frustrated. There's a difference."

I grinned rakishly, "Well that's something we have in common, I'm frustrated beyond relief agápē mou. I'm sure both of us could relieve our frustrations together. Would you be interested?"

Adrianna frowned, "Pardon?"

I smirked and raked my eyes down her body and she gasped in horror, "Not that! Absolutely not that! I was frustrated with you!" I burst out laughing.

"You're such an innocent my darling Adrianna." I grinned at her and she scowled at me, "Quit calling me your darling. So gold or silver?"

"I say blue." I stretched my feet onto the ottoman and smiled at Adrianna. She avoided my gaze. "Blue is not even an option for the tablecloths."

"I still say blue. Trevor is a boy no? Boys like blue." I said.

Adrianna frowned and turned to her lists. "The flowers can be blue but the decorations must be in gold. Olivia's grandparents are almost Spanish royalty." She continued looking down at her list. It was obvious she didn't want to look at me.

But I wanted her to look at me with those beautiful blue eyes. "I still think blue is better." I said. I knew Adrianna had little to no patience and immediately her eyes looked upwards to me and sighed in exasperation, "I told you, blue is not allowed. I have met with Olivia's grandparents and blue is certainly not one of the colours that is appropriate!"

I smirked, "I know. You keep repeating yourself many times agápē mou."

Her face flushed and she was about to snap at me until she composed herself. She took a deep breath and said calmly. "Well, perhaps I need to speak louder so you can hear me clearly and I do not have to repeat myself."

I frowned, I wanted her to shout, flare up so I could kiss her quiet. I had imagined kissing her many times but I never seemed to be alone with her. She was avoiding me I could tell. Again, my eyes drifted to the engagement ring that was attached to her necklace. I scowled, was Adrianna already engaged? No, she would have worn it proudly on her finger.

A sigh caught my attention and my eyes snapped towards her. Adrianna was leaning back onto the sofa her eyes shut and her body was stretching. She was wearing a peach colored silk blouse with a black pencil skirt and her hair was a tangle of dark curls surrounding her face.