Chapter 4

•••••
Rukhsat

After the little encounter yesterday night, he left just after he said that and because of him I could barely sleep all night.

After sometime I just gave up on sleep and decided to just get ready for the journey. Knowing that the journey was going to be really long and tiring, I decided to wear something light. I was really happy that Abu had sent our luggage because in the mess yesterday, I barely got the time to take any of my clothes. All that accompanied me was a small knife, my prayer rug and Quran.

As soon as I turned around, my handmaiden came in with breakfast and behind her I saw Rajkumar enter my room without asking, yet again. He is really getting on my nerves.

I put my hand on my dupatta to check if it was in place or not. He chuckled when he understood what I just did.

"You know I will see what's beneath your dupatta really soon. Why just dupatta, I will see everything under your clothes really soon. It is just a matter of days", he said.

I was furious right now. Has he got no shame at all? How could he even talk to me like that? I raised my hand in an attempt to slap him. Unluckily, he saw it coming and held my hand midway. The grip of his palm around my hand was really strong and I am sure he left a bruise there. It felt like he was gonna crush my wrist.

"Rajkumar  Arjun please have some shame and leave my hand".

"You know what? I won't leave your hand. If touching a non mehram was such a sin in your religion then how could you slap me with your bare hands? Huh? You, my dear soon to be wife, cannot keep using your religion as an excuse anymore. Now that I have caught you, I am going to do as I please".

He left me speechless. I was standing their dumbfounded. For the first time in my life I felt tongue tied. I couldn't argue you with him.

I tried taking my hand out of his by jerking it but then he suddenly came really close to my ear and said, "Shehzadi Rukhsat, do you want me to tell everyone that the Daughter of the proud King Zaid is a hypocrite?".

I shook my head hastily and because of that his lips touched my cheeks and it took me a second to realize what just happened.

From the corner of my eye I could see him smirking.

"I didn't know that you wanted me to kiss you Rukhsat or I would have done so earlier. All you had to do was ask nicely. You didnt have to steal a kiss from me. I am all yours".

He was clearly enjoying the state I was in.

I stepped away from him and embarrassingly looked down at my jutis  so I wouldn't have to look at him. He noticed how uncomfortable I had become and thankfully changed the topic by asking me to have breakfast quickly so that we can leave for their Kingdom.

○○○○○
I got out of my tent and saw him waiting just outside of my tent with a beautiful horse.

I was mesmerized by its beauty but I was still pissed at him so I didnt say anything.

He helped me up the horse and as soon as I sat, I felt him settling on the same horse right behind me.

Imagine my horror when that happened. I was panicking. I turned around to argue with him but realised that our faces were too close for my liking. Remembering what happened just mere minutes ago, I didn't want to risk a repeat of that.

I also realized that there isnt really a point in arguing right now. They wouldn't let us travel in Palkis because it will take a really long time for us to reach.

I saw my sister and Maharaja Angad climbing on the horse. My sister put on no fight and quietly let him help her. My sister looked really sad.

While I was focusing on my sister, Rajkumar Arjun thought that this was the perfect opportunity for him to grab my waist. I knew that arguing would do me no good so I did what any sane person wouldn't do. A ring on my finger had a sharp edge and I decided to scratch him with it.

A very low hiss was sound left his mouth but he kept his hand right there.
I scratched him the second time. He still did not remove his hand and surprisingly didnt even complain or ask me to stop doing that. I was about to scratch him a third when I felt some warm wetness at one side of my waist.

I reached down to touch it and realized that it was blood. His blood.

He wouldn't let go of my waist even though I scratched him intentionally to the point where he started bleeding. I feel a little guilty now.

•••••
Arjun

I definitely landed myself the fiesty one. I loved the fire burning in her bright eyes. It made me feel alive.

I thought today morning when I was standing close to her was torture and now I have to ride so close to her for hours on a stretch. Yet all I can do is roam my hands around her waist a little. I know its probably more than what I will get after we reach the palace but she is driving me crazy. I know she scratched my hand intentionally but I don't mind that at all. I love how he thinks that she can be sneaky with me.

I just hope that the wedding takes place as soon as possible because I can't wait to start my life with her.