Chapter 6

•••••
Arjun

After the incident last night, I have decided to maintain some distance from her and give her some space. She clearly needs it as of now but she needs to get done with all of this as soon as possible.

I really need to be close to her but at the same time I do not intend to hurt her at all right now. I have done enough of that already yesterday. I lost my calm. I clearly shouldn't have done that. I scared her too much.

But is this so hard for her to believe that I actually have some feelings for her. That it is not just her body that I lust after. It is also her soul that I lust for. That beautiful, fiery but innocent soul. She is like this enchanting fire for me. A fire in which I want to get burnt as if the burning sensation would give relief to my aching heart.

Her presence is intoxicating for me but I need to break out of this trance like state. If I keep this up, I am surely going to lose my Shehzaadi and I can't have that.

Thankfully, we will be reaching our Palace really soon. As soon as we reach home, wedding preparations will start and as much as I know Bhai, I know that he will have the wedding as soon as possible. If it was upto him, he would have married Shehzadi Hayat as soon as she walked into our tent but he knew that he would never hear the end of it from Maa sa.

We were back on the horse already and Rukh was sitting right in front of me. She made no attempt to even look at me. I hope that this anger of hers is temporary and I get to look at her beautiful eyes looking into mine soon. Even if it is to challenge me.

We are standing just across the river that provides as a guard for our palace. My Shehzaadi finally looks up and I hear a little gasp from her. I think that the size of the palace surprised her or maybe it was it's beauty I can't tell neither can I ask her because she won't really tell me.

I keep my hands on her shoulder and whispered in her ear and said, " Shehzaadi, this is your home from now. You and I will start our own family, right here, in this palace".

She tensed in my arms further and I realized that I needed to make amends.

So I continued,"Rukhsat , I can't say enough apologies in the world to compensate for what happened yesterday and I promise that it won't happen again but what I told you is the truth. I intend to make you all mine. I want to be the man you love and are not just married to because a piece of paper compelled you to. I want you to love me back. Give our life ahead a chance. Trust me, that will work out better for both of us. I don't want you to be resenting me for the rest of our lives just because of the condition we got married in. I promise you that we will have a beautiful life ahead but I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me".

She turned her head around as if she wanted to look into my eyes and check if I was being genuine with or if I was just lying to her.

Assuming that she understood my sincerity, she gave me a small smile and a nod.

Eventhough her nod was a small gesture. It meant a lot to me because it meant that she was going to actually give us a chance.

I was smiling like a smitten fool all the way upto the palace gate.

••○○••○○••
Rukhsat

He actually apologized to me. I thought his ego wouldn't let him apologize to me at all. Maybe he isn't as bad as I think he is. His apology genuinely seemed sincere because this is the first time when he called me by my name. I think he genuinely means whatever he said because his eyes, they are very expressive and I could see the hopefulness in them.

I know that I shouldn't trust him so easily but it is not like I have some other choice.

Before I knew it, we were already standing at the palace gates. The huge doors open and behind them were some women standing with Pooja Plates in their hands. They were all smiling and look very happy to have their Raja ji and Rajkumar back at home with a victory.

One older looking woman stood their in the middle. She had piercing green eyes as well so I assumed that she was the badi Rani as in the mother of my soon to be husband. We got off our horses and we were standing near them when I felt the older woman staring at me and my sister with disgust. That angered me.

What angered me further were the marks on my sister's neck

What angered me further were the marks on my sister's neck. Did he raise a hand on her? But when? How could she let him do that to her?

Before I could say anything, I see Hayat Baji shaking her head at me. She didn't want me to ask questions? Was this Maharaja going to abuse her like this for the rest of their lives? What kind of a sick man is he.

The said man then comes and grabs my sister's hand and then proceeds to introduce us to his mother. Rajkumar Arjun is standing right next to me now. I will talk to him about this. Surely, he would understand and talk to his brother.

She looked extremely angry for a second but covered it really quickly. She then smiles and greets us. Both Hayat Aapi and I say Salam and she looks at us with slight disgust visible on her face and then gives us the fakest smile I have ever seen in my life.

"Maa sa, the marriage will take place after exactly 2 days from now", Maharja Angad said shocking me. I knew that I was bound to get married to Arjun but I didn't know that it would be this soon.

"Beta, I don't think that in this short period of time all arrangements can be made properly besides I think you should take sometime and consider all aspects of getting married", said Badi Rani Sa. I understood that she was clearly not happy with the idea of both her sons marrying someone who doesn't believe in their religion.

"Maa sa the wedding will happen exactly after two days and I will make sure that the arrangements are done so nicely that even our farthest enemies listen to the festivities of my wedding", Maharaja Angad told his mother and I saw Rajkumar Arjun smiling while nodding his head. He was clearly happy with his brother's decision but I am not happy. My sister will get married to a man who abused her.

Baji looks at me with concern but I was worried about her.

"Choti, I think it is better that we come to terms with this now. There is no saving us. They won. In every way possible", she sounded defeated. My sister gave up really quickly.

I calmly said, "Yes Baji, they did". I was disappointed in her.

○●○●○●○●○●
Author's Note

I am really happy that you guys have decided to stick with my story till here. Tell me what you think about Arjun's POV. Also my dear readers don't forget to vote and share.