K-Keith?

The air was gloomy at the castle. It had been 5 days since anyone had heard from Keith. Lance couldn't sleep and he lost his appetite. There was a knot in his stomach that would only go away when he crossed swords with Keith again. The Galra prisoner was silent. Hadn't said a word. Lance wasn't allowed to speak to him. Shiro was afraid his emotions would get in the way, which Lance couldn't argue with. Pidge was trying hard to locate Keith's location, but there were just too many locations and she couldn't narrow it down.

"Lance...?" Allura asked, stepping into the training area. Lance had finished training with the robot sparring partner. He looked to her and smiled.

"Hey, Allura. Something wrong?" Lance asked.

"Yes. You. I just feel like I need to tell you that Keith is one of our strongest paladins. He would want you to take care of yourself. For his sake." Allura said.

Lance glanced at Allura. He blushed. "Yeah, he would be mad...thanks Allura. But, I can't just go back and pretend Keith might not be suffering. Remember what happened to Shiro? And Keith is part Galra. They definitely aren't letting him walk freely around wherever he is. Keith saved me. I can't just..." Allura put her hand on his shoulder and looked into Lance's eyes.

"Be strong for Keith. To be strong, you need to eat some delicious green goo. Relax a bit. It will clear your head." She said. Lance returned a smile to her.

"You're right. I should be full and rested when I kick Keith's butt for getting himself captured. Thanks Allura." Lance said.

"Of course, Lance." She said. As Allura left, Lance watched her. Allura was a beautiful and extraordinary girl, but Lance's heart didn't beat as fast when he saw her walk away. He felt nothing when she touched him or spoke to him. Not like before. He was confused. Why was he suddenly seeing her differently...?

Lance remembered the sound of his heart shattering when he found Keith's empty armor. The pain when he pushed him out of the way. The constant stinging in his chest of not being able to do anything. All Lance wanted was to train with Keith like old times. Simpler times. He missed him.

"All paladins, meet at the bridge. I repeat, all paladins to the bridge." Shiro said over the intercom. All the paladins scattered amongst the castle ran to the bridge. For the past few days, they had been trying non stop to locate Keith, so this news had to have been regarding his whereabouts.

Lance was last to make it to the bridge. Pidge was in front of a holographic map of a Galra cruiser. "We've let the entire coalition in on the search for Keith and the Blades gave us a tip. They say that they have intel on the inside that Keith is being imprisoned on this ship. They even sent in a map. Apparently, they only heard Haggar was keeping the red paladin there, but hasn't been able to find him. Haggar is most likely keeping him close. Either way, we know that Keith is on this ship. We have coordinates." Pidge explained.

"Then let's go. Allura, wormhole." Shiro said.

"Right." She said.

Everyone was on edge. They were going to be infiltrating a major Galra cruiser with Zarkon's witch inside. It was a dangerous mission, but this time they weren't going to be trying to take down Haggar or an important Galra General, but it was a rescue mission. A mission they had no choice but to go on. Because their irreplaceable teammate was suffering inside.

Everyone knew what happened to Shiro while he was captured. That fear led them straight to the Galra Cruiser in question. They looked at the huge ship from the castle.