Chap 1.....The Past

Word count: 800

As you're forced into the room and chained onto the floor, the legends gathered around and look at you in wonder and interest. But mostly fear.

One of them stood out in particular though. He was a big robot, about seven feet maybe. He was crimson and silver, playing with this....ball. he was propped up against the wall, and his eyes were piercing right through you.

Just like the way you used to look at people. Right before you would take their lives. And you loved it.

*Three months before*

You had just got another job. Easy money you thought. You loved doing this. You loved the adrenaline. The rush. You stared at the bounty. $300,000? Not bad you thought.

As you pulled your mask over your head you swore you heard a sound. A low rumble. You were ready to have them knocked on their ass with a knife in their neck. But there was nobody there.

You get to the place. Not guarded? Wow. This must be a personal issue you tell yourself. Then you see it. Kids. 3 of them. Hey, the more the merrier! You're going to have fun tonight!

You *slyly* get into their house. Piece of cake. Now the fun part. You want to directly get the kids, but you know they'll screech like a bunch of fuckin' monkeys. You whisper "get'em boys". Your eyes glow a bright shade of yellow you start to hear muffled screams.

Why wouldn't you?

So you have your way with the little scumbags, but oh, it has just begun! Your body vanishes into thin air as you posses the oldest one, you'd say about 15. Time to wake mommy up!

You walk into your "parents" room and slap the woman across the face. "get up you filthy bitch. And don't wake dad" she started to yell as you and you see dad start to wake up so you grab her face. With a power that isn't yours.

A power much, much stronger than your own. You whisper in her ear "I said don't wake that man up, you whore." Your voice was low, demonic even. You flutter your eyelashes at her as your voice goes back to the girls original voice and you say "I have a surprise!"

She is in total shock. You blindfold her, take her to the living room and say "Count to ten then take the blindfold off momma!"

When she does, her body goes into total shock. She can't move. Can't think. Can't breathe. All she can do is cry. Cry at the fact all three of her children are hanging from the roof of her ceiling.

At that moment you appear right behind her. You cover her mouth, put a gun against her head and pull her to the side so when said husband walks out, he will see the mess. The mess that his own spouse has created.

Thats right, only the wife can see you. For now. You start giggling and say, in the wifes voice, "sweetie come here! I need a little help!" It's at that moment you realize. The man you're supposed to assassin isn't that guy. The wife is a cheating hoe.

You suddenly appear for everyone to see, slice her throat and shoot the man. "Shit" you mumble as his body hits the floor. After your heart stops beating, your brain still functions for about 6 minutes. Time for some fun, or at least a rant.

You sit on his stomach as blood gushed out of his mouth from the weight and you fittle with your gun. "Do you know how hard it is to be an assassin?" You ask him. He doesn't respond. Of course he's not going to respond.

"Sometimes you have mistakes, like this. You weren't supposed to die. Sorry 'bout that. I'm actually not sorry at all. I never am. I mean sure, killing is fun, but you've got all these rules." You state dryly.

"For example: no tattoos. Because if they catch on, and there is a witness, that's a main thing they will remember. It sucks because I want a tattoo. Like a...a...I dunno. I just want the option to be there, y'know?"

You were just pouring out to this guy, huh? You haven't done that in awhile. You look down. He's wearing a ring. Fuck. He's got a family too. You shoot him again, right in the head, just for good measure before leaving.

Right before you walk out, you hear the low rumbling again. This time from the kitchen. Your a assassin, and a good one at that. You should know this sound. You should know every sound. But yet, you still can't place it. But, it seems satisfied, so you leave it at that.

July 2nd