Letters By Owl

A few heads turned when Albus and Scorpius entered the great hall for it wasn't everyday that you saw a Gryffindor and Slytherin walking side by side and laughing. Several Gryffindors asked "who was that?" or "why were you with him?" after Albus sat down at the Gryffindor table. When he'd replied with "he's a friend of mine," they didn't question him further, but looked rather annoyed. Meanwhile, he glanced over at the Slytherin table to see Scorpius digging into his meal as if he had never seen food before. He had A History of Magic with the Hufflepuffs after breakfast, which was his most boring class. This was due to their ghost teacher professor Binns, who droned on and on about goblin uprisings, troll wars, and other events that might have been mildly interesting if he wasn't the one teaching them. After class, Albus headed back up to the common room, and decided to write to his father.

Dear dad,

I got your letter the other day, but I've been busy, so I haven't been able to write back until now. I got sorted into Gryffindor, which I'm very happy about. To answer your question, I'm settling in well. I've made a few friends in my house, and a few others as well. Classes aren't too difficult yet, but some (History of Magic) are boring. There's something I wanted to ask you about, though. On the platform, a lot of people seemed to be watching you, and it's not because Uncle Ron's famous, like he said. Then, on the train, me and another kid were eating chocolate frogs, and one of the cards had your face on it. All it said on the card was "Harry Potter is best known for his defeat of the dark wizard Lord Voldemort and his lightning scar." How come I've never heard about any of this? Anyway, send mum my love.

Love,

Albus

He sealed the letter, and took it over to the owlery, where he unexpectedly bumped into Scorpius. "Hey, what are you doing here?" he asked, smiling.

"Sending a letter to my dad, you?"

"Same." Albus tied his letter to Bandit, while Scorpius tied his to his own, worn looking owl. Just then, another student walked in; it was Rose. She stopped for a moment, looking surprised, then walked over to her own small Snowy Owl. He caught a glimpse of her letter, and saw it was addressed to her parents. Then, the three of them left the owlery, and headed their separate ways.