The Proposal

Hyun Bin's POV :
I smiled as I drove past the hustle and bustle of Seoul. I was on my way to pick something extremely special for someone even more special.
My heart was beating out of my chest as I stepped out to the cold December air into the jewellery store where I would pick something up that could potentially change my life forever.
After about four years together, I have never been so sure about something in my life as this, I had been planning this for a couple of months now, wanting the whole thing to be perfect. Simple, but perfect. As we live among the media's close scrutiny, I wanted this moment to be private but I hope it will hold a meaningful memory for the both of us as a couple.

"Oh hello, you must be Mr Hyun Bin, right this way sir." The store assistant led me through the store into a private room at the back where I would inspect the ring I ordered.

I wanted to have it custom-made as it would hold a stronger meaning. I got a rectangle cut diamond with a baroque-style frame in rose gold and I hope she really likes it. As I inspected the meticulously crafted piece, I nod with satisfaction and took the blue velvet box to put in my pocket. I'll propose to her on the weekend where we'll have our short-getaway in Jeju Island and of course, above anything else, I asked for her father's consent and he approved of it a couple months ago.

————Flashback :
Ye-jin and I are currently driving up to Daegu to celebrate her mother's birthday. I was introduced to them for the first time, as a co-star during our promotion for our movie 'The Negotiation' and I can say, we clicked really well. Her family members were really sweet and welcoming towards me and even teased about how we would look good together. Oh well, look where we are now. Her family is just such a joy to be around and I hope that I've made a good enough impression for them as I'll be asking an immensely important question. To be a part of their family and their daughter's hand in marriage. My palm is sweating the whole entire drive there and I wanted to make sure Ye-jin was oblivious to it all so it would come as a surprise. As I looked at my girlfriend's angelic sleeping face, I couldn't help but be worried at the fact that her father would disapprove and I would lose her. I wouldn't know what to do then. We reached her family home in no time, and that's when it really struck me. Wow, I'm really going to ask for her hand in marriage. I woke her up with a soft kiss on her nose.

"Baby, wake up, we're here." She fluttered her eyes open stifling a yawn.

"Oh my, I had a good nap." We both chuckled.

I grabbed her hand lacing our fingers together and she gave me a little squeeze. We left at the break of dawn so we would arrive pretty early in the morning. As we stepped into her childhood home, her mom was at the doorway welcoming us both.

"Happy birthday eomeoni!" Ye-jin exclaimed placing a soft kiss on her cheek and giving her a big hug.

"Happy birthday Mrs. Son!" I said as she hugged me in a warm embrace and I gave her cheek a soft kiss as well.

"Ya... Tae-Pyung, just call me eomeoni, I'm so glad the both of you made it here!" She smiled.

Her father came out as well and greeted us both.

"Hey guys, glad you guys made it, how are you both?" He asked as he hugged his daughter and pat me in the back.

"I'm good abeoji, you look good!" Ye-jin exclaimed.

"I'm good sir, how are you?" I asked.

"All is well." He replied back.

"Come Ye-jin let's get you guys settled here, you guys must be exhausted after a long drive." She led us to Ye-jin's childhood bedroom where our bedroom would be for the next two days we are here.