A Sunday Morning

Ye-jin's POV :
The light broke out through the cracks of the curtain that hung above our bedroom's floor-to-ceiling window waking me up from my slumber. As I lazily rolled to the other side, hoping to be encased in my loved ones' embrace, I was puzzled to feel it empty and cold. I rubbed my eyes still drowned with drowsiness. That was one of the longest sleep episode I have had in a while and I felt refreshed. I slipped my cozy slippers on before proceeding to fully open the window, admiring the city's horizon during the sunrise. I loved to see the sun break its light illuminating the darkness that once swept the city just minutes ago. I grabbed my robe from the bottom of our bed and wrapped the soft fabric around me as the air was getting quite chilly with fall's approach and headed down to the empty halls of our house. I headed downstairs to where the kitchen is hoping to find him there and what lied before my eyes was something I couldn't help but break a big smile to.

Bin standing shirtless with his back faced to me, showing off his toned back muscles as he cradled our 2-month-old daughter in his arms in front of a stove where a bottle of milk was being heated in a pot of water. He was swaying her side-to-side as he hummed a soft melody, our baby daughter fighting her little eyelids to stay open. I slowly walked towards them and when he heard someone shuffling behind him, he turned to face me his face showing off his gorgeous dimpled smile.

"Oohhh little dove, look it's mommy!" He said as he angled our little angel towards me.

She made little cooing noises feeling very content in his arms. She's definitely a daddy's girl, has always been even before she was born. The way she would calm down, smile and giggle when she heard his voice or when he carried her in his arms. Our little Jin-Ae.

As I got to them, I slid one arm around Bin's waist and nuzzled my head under his chin as his other arm carried our baby girl. I ran my finger across her cheek admiring our daughter's beauty. She looks like a mini-me but has Bin's dimples. The way her cheek would dent whenever she smiled just made me want to eat her adorable little face.

"Did we wake you up? Mianhae, she couldn't sleep after her last nappy change so I prepared her a bottle since I figured she'd be hungry. I know you really needed the sleep." Bin said apologetically as he planted a kiss on my head.

"Anniyo, gwenchana. I woke myself up. I guess uri gongjoo-nim just wants to spend time with her daddy, doesn't she?" I chuckled lightly as I kissed my daughter's flushed little cheek.

Not long after, we heard little pitter-patters of footsteps coming down the stairs until I saw a familiar little blanket being dragged across by our little man.

"Aigoo, our little Chung-Ae, just woke up?" I asked as I carried him in my arms and gave him a little cuddle and a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm not little anymore eomma, I'm a big guy now, I have a little sister!" He said as he pointed to his sister in Bin's arms.

"Arasso, big guy, what do you want for breakfast?" I asked him as I sat him down on the counter.

"I want waffles for breakfast today! Can we have them?" He asked with his puppy eyes.

"Sure! Why don't me and Chung-ie make some waffles while mommy go and feed Jin-ie?" Bin asked as he gave our son a questioning look.

"Ok! Let's go make some waffles appa!" He said as his dad gently passed his little sister over to me before proceeding to guide him down the counter to wash his little hands.

I went to take the already heated bottle before softly plopping down on the couch, careful not to startle my peaceful daughter. I did plan on breastfeeding her as I heard it was better, but since Bin already prepared a bottle, I wasn't letting it go to waste. I spilled a little drop of milk onto the back of my hand, checking to feel that the temperature wasn't too hot for her before placing the bottle in her mouth. Her big eyes looking up at me as if she was studying every part of my face. I smiled down at my gorgeous daughter awestruck that this little
human being was just inside of me a couple months ago. I stroked her little forehead.