Chapter 3

((**A/N** Hi, everybody! o3o I wanna thank everyone for all the views and votes I've been getting on all of my stories <3 You're all wonderful and I love every one of you!! I look forward to your continued support *bows* Also, the outfit above is what Sachiko's wearing for this chapter!))

SACHIKO P.O.V

Our introduction was a total mess. It wasn't our fault at all, though! The Sakamaki boys are... not what I was expecting, to say the very least. Considering that they're all vampire nobility, I was expecting them to be, well, prince-like!

Instead, all we got was a bunch of arguing children, bickering over who gets to sink their fangs into their brand-new guests. 

Well, and Reiji. Reiji wasn't too bad. 

Shuu, though... Just thinking about him makes my chest feel funny. I've never, ever seen a guy so handsome-- not even in movies. I don't know what it is, but something about him has me completely charmed. Forget all the rest of those squabbling brats, the only one I want anything to do with is Shuu. 

Just thinking about him makes me sigh. 

I'm currently in the room that Reiji had a familiar show me to. Yumi and I are staying in different rooms, apparently, but they are just down the hall from each other. It's weird to be away from my sister, but I think I'll manage okay. 

For now, I'm unpacking and getting my things organized. We're going to be here for a while, most likely, but we have a week or two of a trial period before our parents will send the rest of our stuff along. Until then, it's a bit like staying at a hotel... a hotel where we're stuck with six vampire siblings. 

After a while of unpacking, I start getting hungry. No one's shown me to a kitchen yet... so I just might have to wander around a bit to find it. 

As soon as I'm up and out of my room, though, I start to feel a bit unnerved. 

The mansion is big and dark-- the style completely unlike what I'm used to. Yumi is probably still in her room, and since I don't want to bother her, I'm left to brave the hallways alone. 

I manage to get down to the lower floor fairly quickly, even though the mansion is basically a freaking maze. Fortunately, I find the kitchen pretty easily from that point. Unfortunately, someone else is already there. 

It's Ayato. The one who called my sister "Cow Tits". My mood immediately drops. 

I sort of want to leave before he sees me, but I'm hungry, and giving up just because some jerk of a vampire is occupying the kitchen would be all kinds of pathetic. 

"Hey, Titless!"

And I guess it's too late anyway.

Ayato is in my space within seconds, making me tense up. Vampires. Vampires bite people. I'm not exactly a "people", but I have no idea if that fact will stop him. 

"Y-Yes? What do you need?" I try to sound friendly. It doesn't exactly work. 

"Make me food. Yours Truly is hungry, so make me some Takoyaki."

"What makes you think I know how to cook? Or that I'd cook for you in the first place?" I sputter, giving him a look of disbelief. 

"You're a girl, so of course you know how to cook. And you'll cook for me because I said so. You may be a guest, but that just means you need to earn your keep." He gives me a cheeky grin, showing off his fangs. 

"No. I'm here to get my own food. You can cook for yourself," I huff, feeling myself flush a bit from frustration. "Excuse me."

I try to push past him, but Ayato catches my wrist, dragging me back. He's forceful. I debate trying to kick him in the shins, but decide against it. He's probably stronger than me, and I don't want to make him angry over something as minor as this. 

"I saw the way you were looking at Shuu, earlier," Ayato grins. "You were blushing bright enough that someone could have seen you from space. Lemme guess, you think he's handsome? Sounds about right. You should see how popular he is at school! Nothing compared to Yours Truly, of course, but the girls are all over him."

I blush instantly, eyes going wide. Was I really that obvious?

"Y-You-- Don't say that kind of thing!" I squeak, trying to tear my wrist out of his grip all over again. Ayato doesn't budge. 

"I can say whatever I want to. You have bad taste not falling for me, but whatever, I think it'll be funny to see you try." His tone is disgustingly mocking, playful in the kind of way that you'd expect from a bully on the playground. 

"Who says I'll be trying anything!?"

"Well, you'd better," Ayato laughs. "Unless you want Cow Tits to win. Your sister's got eyes for sleeping beauty too, so you'd better act quick."

Wait, Yumi? I'd seen her staring at him, yeah, but it's only now sinking in what that meant. I know I'm crushing on Shuu, that much is obvious. But if Yumi has feelings for him too...

"Ugh, shut up! And quit calling Yumi that! J-Just-- Just stay out of it!" 

This time, I finally do manage to wrench my hand away. Well, more like Ayato lets go. I'm left stumbling backward, only barely keeping myself from hitting the tile. I've had enough of this. Even without getting anything to eat, I'm so done with Ayato that I'm not going to bother. He can have the kitchen all to himself!

I leave the kitchen to the sound of Ayato's obnoxious laughter behind me.

I'm blushing all the way back up to my room. I hadn't exactly realized that I was crushing on Shuu, but now that it's been pointed out... 

The only thing I can do is flop down on my bed and bury my face in my hands. I've had feelings for people before, but only at a distance. What am I supposed to do now that the person I like is living in the same house as me?

And how am I going to get Ayato to shut up about it?