Chapter 4

((**A/N** The outfit in the picture is what Yumi is wearing ^~^))

YUMI P.O.V

So... apparently, Sachiko and I are staying in different rooms. I'm not sure if I like that. We've been together since we were little kids, and it feels weird to think that we won't be staying together now. 

I wonder if Sachiko is okay with it? She's always been the more fragile of the two of us. Maybe she's nervous having to room by herself...

Nah, my sister's a big girl. Just because we're not used to it doesn't mean that it won't be okay. If anything, maybe a little bit of privacy will be good for us. We've spent our lives being so close that it's probably pretty smart to spend some time apart. The only thing I'm really worried about is the brats we're living with. 

I'm not exactly impressed with the quality of the Sakamaki boys. The only one I really like is Shuu... and "really like" barely begins to cover it. 

Just thinking about him makes my face feel a little bit warm. I so have to go for that. 

I unpack quickly, not paying much attention to what I'm doing. My mind is occupied with things that definitely aren't putting clothes away, and even though I know I'm getting distracted, I don't really care. I can always organize things later. Getting done with the basics so I can go out and explore comes first. 

Already, I'm thinking about what I can do here. There's a whole house to explore, and probably loads of secrets to find. There are six more-or-less teenage boys living here. There's gotta be some juicy stuff laying around if I look. 

The idea of finding the boys' jerk-off material makes me snicker. 

Although I do kind of wonder what Shuu's into. 

Before long, I have enough stuff put away that I can comfortably get up and get moving. Abandoning my jacket on the bed, I head out into the house, not sure exactly what I'm doing, but excited about it nonetheless!

I wind up wandering around for a while. The mansion is apparently built like a maze, and I struggle to find anything interesting. It's just endless studies, living rooms, storage closets, and unused bedrooms. The most interesting thing that I find is a ridiculously pink and frilly room that's definitely meant for a girl. That one raises some questions. 

Overall, though, I just wind up pretty bored. I'm quickly figuring out that there's not much to do here-- at least not without getting the boys involved. 

Just as I'm thinking that, though, I sense someone behind me. 

When I turn around, Laito is waiting just a few feet behind me. Yuck. This is the one who licked my sister, and I'm not forgetting that fact anytime soon. 

"Good evening, Bitch-chan~ How are you?" Laito smiles like absolutely nothing is wrong, quickly getting just a little bit too close. 

"First, don't call me that. Second, I'd be better if some pervert hadn't been sneaking up on me." I cross my arms, giving him a bored glare. If he thinks he's going to get the better of me, he's dead wrong. And I don't intend to let myself get licked. 

"You think I'm a pervert?" Laito whines, sounding exaggeratedly hurt. A second later, he's grinning more than ever. "Well, you're entirely correct!"

"Good for you. I'm not interested in perverts, though, so how about you leave me alone." 

This close, I'm quickly noticing that Laito isn't anywhere near as intimidating as I would have thought. We're about the same height, and while his shoulders are wider than mine, we're both built pretty slim. He's... not too awful to look at, either. The smile he's giving me is oddly disarming, almost intentionally innocent. 

"Aw, but we've just met. I haven't even had the chance to introduce myself properly. Here," he holds out his hand, "won't you humor me?"

I sigh, but shake his hand, even as I'm wondering just where that hand has been. 

"Yumi Himura," I say, "but you already heard that."

"Laito Sakamaki, and I know you did as well," Laito replies, still grinning. "You know, Yumi-chan, you're a very pretty girl."

I stiffen up a bit. Where is this coming from? Does he have something to gain by complimenting me? I mean, I appreciate it, but I'm not so sure that someone like Laito is really telling the truth. He probably feeds these lines to every girl he meets.

"Thanks. Now, what do you want?" Being blunt is probably my best option. 

Laito just laughs. 

"Wow, you really do think badly of me~ I'm surprised you'd assume I wanted something. But... I guess I do." Laito abruptly stops laughing, looking me dead in the eyes with a smirk. "What I wanted is a little bit of entertainment, and you're the perfect person to give it to me. See, I know you have feelings for my dear older brother~"

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. I'm not gonna even try to say that I'm subtle with my crushes. It's just kind of a shame that this one is the one to point it out. 

"Yeah, what about it? He's handsome, okay?" 

"Of course! Shuu really is quite the looker," Laito snickers, giving me a look that says he thinks he's seeing right through me. "All I'm saying is that you're going to have some competition if you have your sights set on him~"

"What are you talking about?" Okay, now I'm just sort of confused.

"Your sister, of course. Cute little Sachiko-chan has a crush too~ So... you'd better be ready to fight for my big brother's attention." Laito's grin morphs into something downright amused, like he thinks it's going to be funny to see the two of us go at each other's throats over it. Well, I've got news for him. That kind of thing would never happen. 

"Yeah, right. There isn't going to be any fighting. Even if we like the same person, we can keep it civil." I cross my arms. "And that's if you're right."

"Whatever you say, Yumi-chan~ I'll just leave that up to you two, then. All I'm asking is that you make it entertaining. Oh, and if either of you give up on Shuu, I'll always be... another option." Laito flushes a bit when he says it, most likely from excitement. The look in his eyes is making me all kinds of uncomfortable. 

"Fuck off, pervert," I snap, getting ready to just walk off and leave this conversation behind. 

"Yes, yes, I'll leave you alone now~" Laito sing-songs, tipping his hat at me and walking away into the maze of the house. I'm left staring after him, feeling a lot like I want to run him down and knock that smirk off of his face. 

Sachiko and I, fighting over a guy? The thought seems pretty unreal. We've never fought like that over anything, so why would a shared crush do anything to change that? I push Laito's words out of my mind and decide to head back to my room. After all of this, I think I need a nap to get the pervert out of my head. 

A nice, long nap.