1

I glanced at myself in the mirror.

Beautiful white satin and lace covered my body. My hair was left open in soft waves around my face and decorated with white flowers as if I were a wood nymph.

My eyes were bright and my lips pink and full. A slight blush decorated my cheeks and my fingers delicately held a small bouquet of fresh blossoms.

Everything about the venue, the dress, all these decorations and the laughs of the people around me was happy but I...

It was my wedding day and I was the only one who wasn't happy.

This wasn't a marriage based on love.

It was pure business. I was being used as a medium to strike a business deal between two affluent families and I wasn't the least happy about it.

I felt sorry for myself but I also felt sorry for the guy I was being married off to.

The poor guy had barely just returned from the states but in order to claim his inheritance he was forced to get married to me.

Taehyung was a handsome guy. I had only seen him once and at twenty four, he seemed to be at the peak of his youth.

I did not know how he felt about this marriage and I couldn't bring myself to pity him more than I did myself because in the end, he could always leave me to be a trophy wife and play around with other women but I...I had no such choice.

I was getting married to him to save my family's face and I'd have to stay loyal to him to save my new family's face.

"You look beautiful." My elder sister spoke, her eyes brimming as she gently caressed my hair, careful not to ruin the hairdo.

"I know it's hard and I know that you hate it right now." She continued and I turned around to face her. She looked up at me, her eyes hopeful.

"But trust me. You're a kind girl, Y/N and the sweetest sister I could ask for." She sniffed. "And I hope...no, I know that you won't be unhappy. I know that Taehyung will love you. Sooner or later, he'll realise your worth and cherish you so much..."

A tear slipped down my cheek.

"I hope, you, my lovely sister will find your way to all the happy moments in life." My sister choked.

Overwhelmed with emotion, I hugged her. "I love you, unni." I sniffled. "I'll miss you so much."

We separated when a staff person knocked on the door.

"Miss, it's almost time." She smiled at me, completely unaware of my inner turmoil.

I shall make the best out of it. I thought, reassuring myself as I took my first step out of the room and walked towards the aisle, at the end of which, stood my future...my to-be husband and the key to what was either going to be a life full of happiness or sorrow...Kim Taehyung.