8

"Sean?" I stared him down as if I saw a ghost, but I was beyond lost for words because I couldn't seem to get my head around the fact that Sean was in front of me, or at least that's what my eyes are telling me.

"I'm sorry?" He spoke in a confused tone as if he wasn't the person I thought he was. With his hands on his shopping cart, his eyebrows curved at me with worrisome, but sim;ply shook it off when I told him that I thought he was someone I knew. Once I told him that, the odd look that was once on his face turned into a slight chuckle as he folded his arms to look at me.

"Ya know, you the third person who been confusing me with my twin brother? I'm Donte by the way. We grew up in foster care then got separated by the age of ten before he moved off to somewhere in New York while I was lucky enough to have a good enough family to bring me up and raise me right. By the time I turned sixteen, I had sent him a letter to see how he was doing due to pulling a few strings. Once I heard nothing from him in a couple months, he then reappears by calling to tell me not to call him ever again."

Damn, Sean grew up in foster care? I could only imagine the pain and tribulations that the two of them go through. The two of them look like a split image of each other, the only difference is that Donte has a nose piercing and a bottom grill with waves. I want to believe what Donte was telling me, but some thing about this seems suspect. I mean, after all these years, you randomly stop talking to each other yet you know what he looks like now?

"So you just stopped talking to him?"

"No, it never stopped there, I took a flight out to New York after tracking down the number he called me from and realized that the phone was in the Bronx. Of course I did some digging and found his name and address, but I didn't want to approach him so sudden. I wanted answers so I asked to link up at a bar and he accepted. He then told me all about his friend named Dave and his girl, some girl named Regina who was his baby moms and a couple other people. When I hung out with him fo ra few days without anyone knowing about us, I came back here and haven't heard from him in over a year. I miss my brother."

Oh no, this isn't good, he doesn't know his brother's dead and my husband is the cause of it. I gotta get out of here.

"Oh, that was a lot to take in, but I'm sorry about what happened. It was nice talking to you Donte, but I gotta go now," just as I was getting ready to walk away he spoke.

"You're Parker, aren't you? Sean told me that he liked you, but you were with Dave. I see you two started a family. As far as Regina, he says that she always wants to argue. Did they ever patch their love? I just NEED to know about my brother Parker, is he okay?" He tried to step closer, but I went to grab for my pepper spray in my pocket. As he saw me reach for it, he backed away.

"I'm sorry I stepped outta line. You know what, have a good day Parker," turning the other way with his cart, I watched as he went in the opposite direction of me. I need to warn Dave.

****

"Dinner was good baby," after washing up the dishes, Dave and I were laid up in the couch while the twins were in their mini play pin and Kairi sat right by them just to watch their every movement. She is such a great big sister. Whenever the babies do something that they aren't supposed to like throw things, Kairi tries to point them in the right direction as to what not to do. Sometimes they'll listen to her.

"Thank you, I had to rush out of Walmart after a crazy encounter I had," repositioning my head on his chest, I was laid on top of him and we were cuddled up against one another.

Once he asked what my encounter was, I began to explain everything Donte told me about Sean and how they're twin brothers. In addition to that, I emphasized how Donte knows about us and that he believes that Sean is still alive. In the midst of all of this, Dave has a complete straight face the entire time.

He sighed before speaking, "I know Donte. All of what he's saying is true. I never got to meet the nigga, but Sean did talk about him. Mamas, don't let that shit get in your head, just act like nothing ever happened and you'll be aight."

I began to simply rolled my eyes, "Lemme guess, you gon take care of it, huh?"

"Yeah I am, got a problem?" Looking down at me with a clenched jaw, I began to sigh. I mean come on Dave, there's no need for trying to start any problems. We are getting our life on track and sparking up a conversation will only make Donte dig for more answers. I would suggest leaving it alone for now.

"Hell yeah I got a problem, we don't want to start anything and he's already curious about where his dead brother is, so why not just leave it alone?" As I sat up to look him in my eyes, I had a feeling he was gonna ignore me anyways and do what he feels is best. If he ends up hurting Donte, who knows what more trouble we can get into.

****

Dave

Once Parker and the kids went off to sleep, I couldn't stop thinking about what she said about Donte. We can move all over the world, but you can never take the gangsta and New York out of me. I could care less about who you are, don't try me or my family. Parker was looking out for me yes, but it ain't like I'm gon kill the nigga, yet.

Getting up from out of the position in my bed, my body was on my side of the bed with my back turned to Parker. Making my way from out of the room, I went ahead to make my way into the kitchen and grab a beer and ease my mind before glancing over to the living room. I noticed that my phone was left down here which made me grab it to then check my notifications.

I had missed calls from my moms and Izzy, but a few texts here and there. Donte seemed like a chill nigga, but I can't have him sobbing to the police about Sean for them to tell him that his brother is dead and they still don't know who the killer is. Once he look me dead in my face, I'd have to end it right then and there so I don't have blood on my hands.

Taking sips of my beer, my mind froze as my phone rang from and unknown caller ID. Picking up, I spoke into the phone.

"Hello?"

"If you know what's good for you, meet me at your shop right now before I burn it to the ground. Oh trust me, if you stay put, I'll be sure to tell Parker about Noah Jefferson," with a deep automated voice, it impossible for me to make out who was really on the other end, but how could anyone know about Noah Jefferson?

Before I could take the phone away from my ears, the call ended and it left me no choice but to go to my shop. I didn't wanna play around with these Florida cats too much, but something tells me that someone knows too much information about me....somebody too close to me because nobody knows about Noah.

Putting a grey sweat jacket on to go with my black Nike sweat shorts, I moved to slide my feet into some Gucci slides. After grabbing my car keys, I began to head out the door with a clear mind as to who had called me. Now, things only go down from here.

Hey guys, its been a minute but we are back better than ever, I am drowning of tiredness cause ya'll deserve this. I'm not even gonna go into detail, just comment who you think called Dave and also, do you think Donte is a threat? Also, who do you think is Noah Jefferson? Was Parker wrong for looking out for the sake of her kids and Dave's safety or is that something she should known would've happened when being with Dave? Spam with comments! Guys, we almost to 1 million, so keep it up! I'm sorry if this chapter is super short, my apologies. See ya'll in the next chapter💕

Tik Tok: godesskayy_
Twitter: godesskayy_
Snap: godeskayy
IG: godesskayy
YT: godesskayy