10 Part 1

The Day of Freda's Cookout

Parker

Waking up with ruffled sheets and the sun hitting me in my face, I realized that Dave wasn't in the bedroom with me and my guess is that he probably went to go check up on the kids or he could be already there in the kitchen with them, but making breakfast. Looking down, he had clothed me in a t-shirt and panties while I was asleep. I must've been really knocked out.

Today was the day where Freda's mom is having her big cookout and I was kind of nervous for it. I mean, I haven't seem my old friends in years and to see them now will have me stunned, but I just hope not to make a fool of myself.

"Nah mamas, don't you get up outta ya bed. I know that kitty cat is sore like a 'muh, so yeen gotta trip baybeh. I just want my wife to relax and eat some good food before going to that little cookout."

Coming through the door, Dave and a tray with eggs, bacon, and two mini cinnamon buns on a plate while Kairi trailed behind him with a cup of orange juice to give to him. Once the food tray was set in my lap, I slowly closed my eyes as I said a small prayer to myself.

As my eyes opened back up, the two of them were right there staring at me with joy and I dug right into the food. With a bubbly feeling inside of me, I felt happy as he wanted to feed me breakfast and spend the small time we have together.

"Kairi, hold up, I'm gonna go grab your brother and sister," as Dave planted a kiss on my forehead, he walked from out of the room leaving me with Kairi.

"I helped daddy with the cinnamon buns and all the icing. Between me and you, he has a present for you, it was supposed to be a surprise," as we giggled and laughed at her last remark, I sat up a little bit more and ate my food.

A gift? I wonder what he got up his sleeve. As I continued to eat my lovely breakfast, the sound of crying came through my ear and I looked up to see Ramere whining, making me pout my lips and reach for my baby boy.

"Aww, don't worry, mama is here," attacking his face with kisses while Kairi moved my tray off to the side, I proceeded to bounce him up and down in my lap. Taking in his scent, he was all cleaned up and looking handsome in his orange Nike shirt and black pants. The funniest this is that he's missing a sock.

"Breakfast good mamas?" Looking up at Dave holding and Dakota, I nodded and smiling up at him to give him reassurance to let him know that I was good. Moving towards the glass cup, I reached for it and my hand barely made it before Kairi picked it up and handed it to me to take my sips.

"Yeah, it's straight and I liked it," we began to pick up a conversation and honestly, all that was on my mind was really going to the cookout party and I really just wanted to be nosey and see what everybody would be up to and how they've been over the years,

****

"Mama, I'm gon end up taking the kids to the park and the mall, so just call me when you get back from the party, aight?" Fixing my black crop top, I wore a pair of floral flare pants so that they come up over my stomach and a pair of tan sandals. My hair is up in a bun and I also did a little bang as well.

Since Florida is hot as hell, I went ahead and applied a light amount of foundation and lashes with lip gloss cause it's such a nice combo.

"Thank you for letting me know babe, and I will call you once I reach cause it's like a twenty minute drive to Freda's mom's house but with traffic it might be more." Turning back towards my vanity mirror, I simply put on my hoop earrings and got up from the chair to fix the mess I made with makeup everywhere on the table.

"You look and smell good," coming from behind me, he slapped my ass hard and kissed my shoulder. He had just got from out of the shower and I could feel is wet chest touch my back. Smiling to myself I couldn't get enough of him.