𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Phillis stood next to her brother in the room which held the Stone Table inside of Aslan's How

Phillis stood next to her brother in the room which held the Stone Table inside of Aslan's How. The room was flooded with Narnians as Peter spoke, "It's only a matter of time. Miraz's men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle."
"What do you propose we do, Your Majesty?" Reep asked, from his place next to a charming little squirrel.
Both Caspian and Peter began at the same time. Phillis inhaled sharply at the tension, her eyes meeting Edmund's briefly.
It wasn't a secret that Peter didn't like Caspian. And it wasn't a secret that Elmer also didn't like Prince Caspian. Both for different reasons, but both because they were jealous of the handsome man.
Caspian bowed his head, not wanting to start an argument with the High King. "Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us," Peter said.
"That's crazy. No one has ever taken that castle," said Caspian.
"There's always a first time," Elmer said, probably just wanting to go against Caspian.
"We'll have the element of surprise," Trumpkin nodded.
"But we have the advantage here," Caspian stated.
"If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely," Susan shrugged, agreeing with the prince.
"I, for one, feel safer underground," Trufflehunter, the badger, said.
"Look, I appreciate what you've done here, but this isn't a fortress - it's a tomb," Peter said.
"Yes, and if they're smart the Telmarines will just wait and starve us out," Edmund spoke up.
"We could collect nuts!" the charming squirrel said excitedly.
"Yes! And throw them at the Telmarines!" Reepicheep said sarcastically. "Shut up! I think you know where I stand, sire."
The group turned to Phillis, waiting for her opinion. She didn't know where she stood on the matter if she was being completely honest.
"Well, say the attack goes wrong. Think of how many Narnian lives we could lose. Then, they'll come here and we'll have an even slimmer chance of defeating them. If we wait here, we can prepare. We have the advantage because we know this place better than them. And the element of surprise if we attack the Telmar castle? Surely they must be expecting something. And even so, only Caspian knows the castle, we don't."
She hated disagreeing with Peter, because she knew it only built the tension between them higher. But, she had to do what she thought was best.
"But what if it doesn't go wrong?" he shrugged.
"But what if it does," she replied.
Peter sighed and turned to the centaur in charge.
"If I get your troops in, can you handle the guards?" Peter asked, his mind clearly made up.
The centaur looked to Caspian before his eyes flickered back to Peter, "Or die trying, my liege."
"That's what I'm worried about," Lucy finally spoke up.
"Sorry?" Peter replied.
"You're all acting like there's only two options. Dying here, or dying there," she said.
"I'm not sure you've really been listening, Lu," said Peter.
"No, you're not listening. Or have you really forgotten who defeated the White Witch, Peter?" Lucy snapped.
"I think we've waited for Aslan long enough," Peter said, jaw clenched tightly, leaving the room.

Phillis waited with Glenstorm, the centaur, outside of the Telmar castle. A flicker of a bright light came from the castle, meaning Edmund had got in. This first signal was for Peter, Susan, Caspian, Elmer and Trumpkin to be dropped into the castle by some griffins. This was also the signal for the soldiers waiting in the trees to begin advancing. "This is a suicide mission," Phillis muttered to Glenstorm.
"At least one of you has a bit of common sense," he replied, causing Phillis to chuckle slightly.
Once they were on castle grounds, they just needed to wait for the drawbridge to be lowered, and then for Ed's signal. They'd been there for a while, she was beginning to wonder if everything was okay. There was a sudden flash of lights. That certainly wasn't the signal. "What's that supposed to mean?" Nikabrik asked.
The bell had begun to ring, probably waking the Telmarine soldiers. The adrenaline made her agitated as she watched the drawbridge lower. Then, at last, the signal came. "Charge!" Glenstorm yelled.
Phillis ran, unsheathing one of her swords. She loved the adrenaline of charging into battle. She'd certainly missed it. A minotaur smashed through some gates and threw two guards off of the bridge. She ran into the courtyard, her sword coming into contact with a Telmarine's almost the second she arrived.
She swung her sword, killing two or three Telmarines. She heard a man yell something about archers picking a target. She looked up to see a row of them on one of the balconies. Edmund was there too.
"Ed!" she screamed.
He turned to see the row of archers as they turned to see him. His eyes went wide and he ran inside a tower, slamming the door shut. She turned her attention back onto a Telmarine. He wasn't backing down any time soon. When she had a spare split second, she drew her second sword. He looked shocked for a moment. She plunged them both into his thigh, and he fell to the ground. Phillis turned to see Elmer on the stairs, fighting off about three Telmarines. She ran towards him, stabbing two in the back. "Thanks, Philly," he said quickly.
One soldier grabbed ahold of her, pulling her to the ground. She felt his blade skim across her stomach. She screamed in agony, before managing to stab him. Phillis thanked a minotaur that helped her up. Just as she stood, the creature let out a loud wail before falling to the ground. Behind him, stood a devious looking Telmarine. She grunted as she took him out.
She turned to see two soldiers cornering her, and over their shoulders, she saw a minotaur holding open the gate, as the Narnians fled. She knew something like this would happen. She just knew it. Caspian and Peter managed to get out with Caspian's professor.
Phillis rammed her swords into one of the soldier's chests, the other plunged his blade into her thigh. The shrill scream that escaped her mouth was enough to give anybody nightmares. She gasped as the minotaur holding the gate open was shot.
She made a dash for the gate, pulling a poor faun along with her. She just didn't even reach it before the hefty minotaur fell. She let out a sob, looking apologetically at the faun. Peter gave his troops one last glance before galloping off. Arrows rained down on the stranded troops. Luckily, one narrowly avoided Phillis. She lay quietly amongst the fallen soldiers.
She looked up, just catching Edmund flying away on a griffin. At least he was safe. The worst part was that there were no stars out that night. None of her sparkling constellations. Her own blood coated her shaking fingers.

This was it.
She couldn't help but think that after her 29 years alive, she was going now.
For some reason, she didn't seem angry about it. Maybe she'd get to see her dad again. That was all she really wanted - to see Cobalt and her father again.