𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

After school had finished, Elmer and Phillis ran home as fast as their legs could carry them (it mainly consisted of Elmer dragging Phillis)

After school had finished, Elmer and Phillis ran home as fast as their legs could carry them (it mainly consisted of Elmer dragging Phillis). They burst through the door, startling Freddie and their mother, who was pouring their cousin a cup of tea. "Goodness me! You scared the life out of me!" Virginia exclaimed, placing her free hand over her heart.
"Sorry!" Elmer called. "Freddie!"
"Yes? What's got you two so excited?" Freddie smirked.
"Darling," Virginia began, stroking her hand along her daughter's cheek. "Who did this?"
"No one! It was just some boys who got into a fight and I accidentally got hit. It's not a big deal," Virginia huffed as her daughter brushed away the injury, little did she know she sustained much worse. Thankfully, her black eye had cleared up within days and the scar on her cheek was hardly as visible as it was when they first returned. "Anyway, Freddie, come sit with us upstairs! We have stuff to tell you?"
"All this excitement over school?" Virginia furrowed her brows.
"Sort of," Elmer shrugged.

When they had finally got their cousin alone, they explained the entire story to him - not missing a single detail. "Oh, Freddie, it was terrific!" Phillis exclaimed.
"Sounds like you got beat up pretty bad," he sighed.
"It was nothing," Phillis shrugged.
"It wasn't nothing," Elmer sighed, "you could have died."
"Well, I think technically we all could have died at any point on our trip to Narnia," Phillis muttered.
"God, I do miss Narnia," Freddie sighed.
"Well, I'm never to return," Elmer said.
"It's so frustrating. One minute I'm happy in London, then the next I've been swept up in a land that seems too ridiculous to exist," Phillis let out a groan.
"At least you get to go back," Elmer said.

A day or two later, the Pevensies came for dinner. Helen and Virginia were cooking up a storm in the kitchen, whilst the Pevensies got to know cousin Freddie. When they were all sure the mothers were away, they broke into conversations of Narnia.
Elmer sat in between Susan and Peter. Phillis sat in between Edmund and Lucy, whilst Freddie sat next to the youngest Pevensie. Helen would sit opposite him, and Virginia would sit at the head of the table. "I wonder how we are to get back next time?" Lucy whispered to Phillis and Edmund. "Do you think by a weird coincidence we would end up back at the professor's?"
"I highly doubt it. It's like Aslan said, things never happen the same twice," Phillis smiled.
"Do you think we'll go back and everyone will be gone?" Lucy pushed.
"Maybe," Edmund shrugged, slipping his hand into Phillis'.
"What if we're away and they call for us? Oh, wouldn't that be dreadful, Ed?" Lucy exclaimed.
"I think we'd still find a way to get there," he smiled at his sister.