𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

On Susan's eighteenth, she wrote a letter to Edmund and Lucy and one to Peter

On Susan's eighteenth, she wrote a letter to Edmund and Lucy and one to Peter. Elmer wrote one to his mother and Phillis. The respective letters arrived a few days after they were sent. They spoke of how the two were happily engaged. Elmer told his family how excited he was to finally call Susan his wife. So, six months after Susan turned 18, she invited her family and Elmer's over to America to watch the wedding.

Lucy stood next to Phillis behind the closed doors. Each girl wore a pretty, navy dress. Their hair was pinned back, and there was a layer of bright red lipstick coated over their lips. Susan stood in front of them in a gorgeous white dress. Her arm was linked with her father's, waiting for the doors to the aisle to open. "You look beautiful," Phillis reassured the trembling girl.
"As do you," she nodded weakly at the two younger girls.
The doors opened slowly, Mr. Pevensie sent a reassuring nod at his eldest daughter. The foreign sound of the church organs filled the building the two were to be wed in. Their family and friends who were watching turned in their seats to look at the bride. Susan's overwhelmed smile was hidden by the beautiful vale. Elmer was practically in tears at the sight of the girl he'd fallen in love with looking so amazing. Peter, who was Elmer's best man, stood by his side. Helen had already walked down the aisle, and Phillis and Lucy were following. Edmund looked from his spot next to Eustace, admiring Phillis. The two girls were carrying bouquets of gorgeous white flowers. Edmund stared at Phillis as she walked down the aisle alongside his sisters. He couldn't tear his eyes away as he thought of what it would be like if she was the one wearing the white wedding dress. Edmund's stomach went all fuzzy at the thought and he decided that he definitely wanted to marry her one day. The two girls stood to the side, Susan making her way up to Elmer.

Elmer was dressed in his uniform, his hair slicked back. Susan blushed as his eyes followed her every move. Even Aunt Alberta and Uncle Harold had to admit that their niece looked jaw-dropping. On the groom's side, Virginia sat with Freddie. There were many men in uniform, most likely friends that Elmer had acquired over his time in the RAF.

The wedding was truly magnificent.
Edmund and Phillis danced together, enjoying the happy environment that a wedding brought to the families. She lay her head on his shoulder, swaying along with him. "You look beautiful," he whispered.
"Thank you. You're looking lovely yourself," she replied, looking at his suit.
"The only way you could look any more beautiful, was if you were wearing the wedding dress and getting married to me," he told her.
She blushed, looking up at him adoringly.
"You're very sweet when you're not being irritable," she joked.
"I do try," he smirked, dipping her backwards to kiss her.

Elmer had only been given a week's leave, so he wasn't able to spend much time with his new wife. He would soon return to his base in Hawaii.

Having the wedding in America made it truly marvellous, as it didn't rain once. And, for a moment, the once children forgot about Narnia and lived in their own world.