chapter six

A/N: hey guys! thanks for waiting & being patient with me & my computer problems. I wrote an extra long chapter for y'all! also there's smut, so beware :)

"When we are together, nothing else matters."
-unknown

GERALT FELT LIKE HE COULDN'T BREATHE. He had said it to Amelia in her sleep, but never to her awake face.

"I love you, princess." The words spilled from his lips before he could stop them.

"I know you do, Geralt." Her brilliant blue eyes gazed back up at him her fingers touched his cheek. "I've loved you since the first sip of my ale you took." He smiled at her and pressed another kiss into her lips.

"I don't suppose you boys know how I woke up?" Amelia raised an eyebrow at Geralt and Jaskier let out a nervous chuckle.

"Blame Jaskier." Geralt said quickly, before trying to kiss her again, but Amelia dodged it as she was Jaskier's jaw drop open.

"Excuse me?" Jaskier's hands were placed on his hips as he glared at Geralt. "You nearly killed me with your magic genie!"

"Magic genie?" Amelia asked.

"You didn't pick up the part in that sentence that your lover nearly killed me?" Jaskier exclaimed and a small smile adorned Amelia's lips.

"It was a djin. I was looking for it so I could sleep properly." Geralt lowered his voice and dropped his eyes to their joined hands. "Ever since that day, I couldn't sleep."

"And like the good friend that I am, I suggested that maybe it was because of his unclaimed child surprise. Then he cursed me!" The bard threw his hands up and Amelia turned her gaze on him. Geralt sighed, knowing what was coming next.

"You still haven't claimed the Child Surprise?" She asked. "Geralt, it's been ten years. Nilfgaard is rising, threatening to wipe out Cintra."

"Hm." Geralt pressed his lips together. "This is not how I wanted to reunite."

Amelia's gaze softened and she squeezed his hands. "You're right, we'll talk later."

"Ah, so they reunite." A voice echoed through the castle hallways. King Joseph walked up to the three of them, Prince Nathaniel close behind. "Good to see you two again."

Geralt and Jaskier both bowed before the king. "The pleasure is ours, Your Majesty." Amelia tucked herself into Geralt's side and he felt like he was whole again. Her smell of honeysuckle and vanilla filled his nose and he sighed happily.

"She wouldn't shut up about you the entire time she was here." Joseph shook his head while smiling at Amelia.

"We heard that you're having a public execution." Geralt looked down at Amelia, who had a flicker of rage in her pure blue eyes that he grew to love so much.

"Apparently my father promised some boy my hand in marriage before he passed on, but by this time I had already committed myself to you without him knowing," Amelia explained, disgust clear in her voice. "He was a disgusting foul man who killed a witcher in his sleep. I would like to split his torso open more than anything else in this world."

"Committed yourself to me?" Geralt asked, his voice lowered, hoping not to draw too much attention.

"Well, yes." Amelia touched her own lock of hair that was intertwined with his own. "I told you, the only bond that's stronger than that is--"

"Marriage." King Joseph supplied the word that Amelia couldn't say. "Speaking of, when is the wedding?"

"I've been asking that myself, Your Majesty." Jaskier rolled his wrist with a flourish at Amelia and Geralt.