Four

Three weeks later

I have not seen Tris once since the night she moved into the guest room. My heart aches for her presence with me. I know she is out of the room when I'm not in the apartment. When I work or at Zeke or Uriah. I know she showers and change clothes, I also know that she does not eat. Every day I will prepare a plate of food. Which still stands in the fridge when I get home. The gang wonders where she is and how it is between us and I naturally have spoken the truth to them. The girls have been there a few times and tried to get her to talk but failed. I'd kicked down the door and forced her to talk to me unless the image of her terrified eyes had not been hunting me. Is she really afraid of me? After three days I went down to Tori and explained that Tris refused to come out of the room. She followed me to the apartment. I have always known that since the aptitude tests have those two had a special relationship. Tris can talk freely with Tori, about everything. But this time she did not say a word.

I have not invited the whole gang to visit since Tris locked herself. But today they come. Now at eleven. We will meet in the pit and go together to the apartment and play games and socialize.

I now stand in the middle of the pit and waiting, I see Uriah come rushed by with Marlene on the back that giggle hysterically.

a few minutes later, Christina and Will. Will is wearing a pink shirt and black jeans. Not hard to guess who is forced upon him the shirt

"Nice shirt" I tease

"Shut up" he answers. In the beginning, it was strictly between us when I first was their instructor but now we're pretty good friends. Shauna Zeke and Lynn comes then. Zeke leaps forward like a frog and Lynn and Shauna shakes his head behind him

"Four, my man!" Zeke screaming and tackle me to the ground

"What the hell!"

We take us to the apartment and when I opened the door my sight makes me almost faint. In the living room stands a girl. long blonde hair lost its luster, big dark circles under her once beautiful eyes. She is so narrow so all her ribs are clearly visible. And she is pale, sickly pale. But that is not what scares me the most. It's all cuts on her arms. They begin at the wrist and ends at the elbow. Some are newer and some have healed.

The sight of her slashed arms makes me feel guilty. Why did I left her alone? Why I did not try harder to help her? Why did she not talk to me?

"Hey sweetie" Christina says comfortingly to her. Tris is the freezer and it makes the rest of us until Zeke and Uriah squeeze into the door goes against her

"I had not ..." I started with had a death gaze of Marlene so I stopped. I looked carefully at Tris how she reacted to the guys but she was still just frozen. Zeke and Tris were talking but was not best friends. But she and Uriah was really good friends, they were in the same class in inition.

Uriah takes her in his arms, hugging her and she allows it. A bit of jealousy rushing through me, why cannot I do that?

Zeke does the same but that changes when she is in his hug is the tears flowing down from her cheeks, those rapids down. As if she has held on to it for too long, and maybe she has it.

Zeke lifts her up and sits down on the couch with her in his lap.

"Tris .. What happened?" Asks Zeke in her ear.

"Not here ...." Reply Tris. her voice is hoarse and low. But it was her voice. She spoke on the first time in three weeks. Zeke and Tris goes into her bedroom and the rest of us are left in shock.