Business party

"Rose, could you please smile, and suck in your stomach some. We need to look perfect and I don't need you ruining that for us." My mom whispers into my ear.

"Yes mother. Anything for you." I respond sarcastically

"Now go say hello to a few of our guests, and be respectful don't give them the same attitude you give me."

I walk over to the fist lady in my sight with a smile as wide as I could, probably looking crazy but mother says smile.

"Hello, I'm Rose Parker."

"Well hello dear, my names Lisa. You are just so beautiful. I'm thinking some heels could do you some good, give you some height with your figure."

"I'll take that into consideration, I'm sure my Mom would just love to spend some bonding time going shoe shopping with me." But I wouldn't, she would criticize me the entire time tell me to be perfect. Say I needed to lose a few pounds or something along those lines.

I walk into my room my fake smile dropping and go over to my mirror. Finally letting myself breathe my stomach going back to its normal size. Maybe mother was right, maybe I did need to lose some weight, and smile more. Look taller and be perfect. The word perfect echoing in my head for two minutes until I hear a knock on my door.

"Rose? It's Elijah, I'm going to come in"

Wiping away the single tear that slipped from my tear duct, I walk closer to my twin brother.

"Hey, are you okay? I saw you walk out of the party, you didn't look to good."

"Oh yeah, I'm fine just needed to touch up my makeup some. Mom pointed out a bit of mascara on my eyelid."

"Alright, well people are starting to head out."

"I'm going to start getting ready for a run then."

"Do you want me to come with?" He normally goes for his runs in the morning.

"No, I'm fine." I need to think
**************************************************
I walk out the door and begin to jog around the block, deep in thought. Maybe loosing a few pounds could do me some good. That way I could be perfect, that way I could be pretty. That's all I want. Maybe when I'm pretty I'll be happy. I could skip breakfast? Tell Elijah and my parents I'm late or that I need to study at the library. Maybe I could say that I'm picking something up on my way. That way they don't question me, skipping breakfast won't hurt, right?