Class

I wake up the the screeching sound of my phone, eight A.M. The nurse would be coming in for breakfast any moment now. I go through my bag that Elijah brought me and pick out a pair of ripped jeans, a long sleeve ballerina pink crop top, and a pair of checkered vans. Just because I'm in the hospital doesn't mean I can't look good. I have school today. I quickly curl my hair and do my makeup then walk over to the mirror. I stare into it gazing down at my stomach. I  suck in trying to get my stomach as small looking as possible. A single tear begins to drip down my face when there is a knock on the door. I wipe always my single tear and smile towards nurse V as I release my breath.

"Were going to check your weight than you can eat. If it's higher I will only stay with you while you eat twice a day with checkups. If no weight gain or lost weight I have to continue."

"Okay."

I follow nurse V over to the scale, and take off my shoes before stepping onto it. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I hate the scale, it's just like my mother, yelling at me that I weight to much and I'm not perfect.

She begins to mess with it trying to find my exact weight, then she stops.

"The average weight of a tea age girl who stands at 5'5" such as yourself should have a minimum weight of 113 pounds at average. Your at 99 pounds right now."

I winced at the sound of her calling out my body weight, she puts me on my back and tells me some crap about it being okay and I need to gain more weight. I put my shoes on as I begin to cry and walk over to cafeteria getting my breakfast and returning back to my room with nurse V.
**************************************************
It's now 11:50 and I have ten minutes until "school" starts for the day. I'm kind of nervous, kids I don't know that are all sick and I have to see every day of the week for at least two hours. I touch of my make up and curls once again and start to walk down the hall slowly. Many thoughts running through my head. I enter the room which is bright and colorful, probably to try to make the kids happy while they are probably dying.

"You must be Rose are new student." An older lady walks up to me skating my hand. "Let me explain what goes on in here." She begins to ramble. " you'll come in here at ten every week day, we'll have a certain amount of time for each core class. Once a week we'll have a short period of time dedicated to a class such as music or art. At the end of each class we have twenty minutes where we each say a little bit about our condition, our stay, or anything that has to deal with your sickness or injuries. You can sit down where ever you'd like, and then I'll have everybody introduce themselves when we talk at the end of class."

I sit down in the back right corner where, at the moment, there aren't any kids. There are two sitting on then front and one in the back left corner who is missing a leg. Three more enter in the room. Two girls then a few steps behind them is a familiar looking boy. He's tall with messy dark brown curls and grey eyes. Below them are dark bags, he's wearing a red hoodie and dark jeans. He walks over looking deeply in my eyes for a split second and sits right and front of me.

"Okay class, we have a new student, her name is Rose. I'm sure you noticed her when you walked in." I put my head down when everyone glared back at me.
**************************************************
"Rose, this is the time we talk about everything. I'll have two or three people go before you so you understand and than you can say something. I do recommend it but you don't have to go into complete detail. Now who would like to start?"

A girl with blonde hair that falls in the middle of her back with brown eyes raises her hand. She is small in height but probably the average weight of her size.

"Yeah uh my name is Amelia and I'm fifteen. I have heart failure, I've been waiting on a new heart for a few weeks now."

After Amelia went, the rest of the kids were ready to speak.

"My name is Owen. I'm seventeen."A boy with blonde hair and dark blue eyes begins. "I have cystic fibrosis." He begins to cough.

"Rose? Would you like to go." The teacher asks.

I look up at her then around the room at the other kids. "Uh yeah I guess. My name is Rose, I'm seventeen and I was diagnosed with anorexia."

"Noah?" The nurse asks looking at the familiar boy.

He shakes his head then walks out of the room but not before looking over at me once again. His eyes filled with sadness, curiosity, and maybe a little bit of...hope?