Visits

Leaving school now, see you soon.
                       -Elijah

Within twenty minutes Elijah bursts into my hospital room.

"Hey Rose."

"Hi." I say looking up from my phone. A smile washes over my face to have a visitor.

"How was day one?"

"Well this is a hospital so..."

"Did you eat?" He asks me cautiously knowing it's a touchy subject.

"Forced to, breakfast and lunch, I'll have to eat dinner to."

"Oh...Good." He smiles weakly.

"Hey Elijah, could you help your lovely twin sister out a little bit, and bring clothes I'd actually wear and some of my stuff next time you come visit?" I ask him with puppy dog eyes.

"Yeah I guess so, is there anything in specific?"

"Well I would like my journal, and maybe some of my hair stuff and my makeup. Oh and my glasses. Mom didn't pack them and I had to take my contacts out."

"Sure thing, so what do you want to do."

"There's not much to do, but we could walk around. I am attached to this stupid thing though." I say pointing towards my TPN.

"Let's go." He spoke loudly jumping up from where he sat.

I got up and we headed out the door, we walked around for about a half hour just talking until we reached my room once again.

"Well, I'm going to be heading home now."

"Alright, Niki and Alex will be here in an hour or so."

"Okay, well I love you and I'll visit tomorrow."

"Love you, bye." He starts walking out. "Oh and don't forget my stuff." I yell down the hall getting a few glares from nurses and other patients.

A quarter till ten and Alex and Niki enter my room.

"Hey guys."

"You best explain." Niki gives me a stunt look sitting beside my bed.

"Well... I'll be staying here for awhile."

"Why?" Alex questions nicer than Niki.

"I may, uh... have an, well a -"

"Get to the point Rose!" Niki barks at me.

"An eating disorder, anorexia to be more specific."

"Oh my god, Rose why didn't you just tell us?" Niki gives me an apologetic look.

"I didn't want anyone to know, I wanted to be perfect and I couldn't achieve that. Especially if anyone knew."

"You can tell us anything, hope you know that." Alex says squeezing my hand slightly.
**************************************************
After an hour the nurse from earlier (who's name I learned was Veronica) came in to get me for dinner and Alex and Niki left. During meals I got to know my nurse better. Veronica was actually really nice and I started calling her nurse V. I ate dinner in my room because there was too many people at this time in the cafeteria. We talked as I ate taking every chance I had slipping food off of my plate and in my empty water bottle so I didn't have to eat it.