Jealous much?

Scenario: Jessie Fleming is dating Y/N L/N who happens to be the captain for the Stanford Women's Soccer team. Jessie ignore y/n for a couple days but has to confront her the day of the UCLA vs Stanford match. Continue reading to find out the rest!

Y/N POV

Ring ring
Please leave your message after the beep....
"Jessie what the hell babe I've been trying to contact you for the past week! Please talk to me I just wanna know why your ignoring me" I say at the verge of tears as my voice cracks. I hang up and decide to get ready for practice. When Tierna sees me she rushes towards me and pulls me into a hug. "What's wrong y/n?" "Jessie hasn't answered my calls or texts in the past week" "What the hell thats not like her" "Listen we can sort this out later but right now I need you to focus because we play UCLA tomorrow" "Alright T I'll try my best" "You better because we need you Captain L/N" she says while saluting me. "Shut up you dork" I say while shoving her.

Jessie POV
I hate ignoring y/n but I have to since I'm planing on giving her a promise ring after our match tomorrow. God she probably hates me for ignoring her! I wouldn't be surprised if she broke up with me which would break me. Right now I can't focus in practice and Cromwell is on my ass saying I can't play like that versus Stanford.

Time skip: game day!

Today's the day I get to see y/n after ignoring her for a week. Jeez I'm an idiot. "Yo Jeff you got everything ready for Y/N?" "Yes Teagan I just feel like shit for ignoring her!" " I mean that was a dick move Jeff" "I know I know but let's get this game over with" I said while sighing.

Commentators POV
"Here we are at Laird Q. Cagan Stadium watching the Cardinals and the Bruins warm up. The one to watch on Stanford's side is none other than their captain Y/N L/N who is a forward. In these past four years she became an Olympian for team USA and won the 2019 World Cup so she has had some very entertaining college years. Now moving on to the one to watch on UCLA it's none other than their captain Jessie Fleming who is a midfielder. In these past few years Fleming managed to win a bronze medal at the 2016 olympics plus her own set of trophies here in the college league! The two world class players have certainly lived up to everyone's expectations and are surely ready to deliver a show today!"

3rd person POV

The game started out slow until a foul was drawn against the Bruins. It ends up being a free kick on the outside of the semi-circle. The person shooting it was none other than
Y/N L/N. She has a pissed off look on her face which was obviously due to her Canadian partner. She looked Fleming in the eye before firing a bullet of a shot into the top right corner of the met and outside the reach of Teagan Micah. Nothing much happened in the game which led to Stanford winning the match. Before Jessie could get to pull off her plan Y/N was called over for an interview.

Y/N POV

I'm still livid because of Jessie but as I'm being called over for an interview I put on my realest fake smile and greet the interviewer. "Here we are with Y/N L/N captain of the Cardinals and Man of the Match! So tell me Y/N what was going on through your mind as you released that shot?" "Well umm I was honestly pissed off and annoyed by the fact that we couldn't capitalize earlier" I lied. "So we know that you are in a relationship with Canada's own Jessie Fleming, can you tell us how it felt beating her today?" I cringed internally at the question and decided to laugh it off. "Uhh I mean it's kind of nice to have bragging rights from both international and college level games" "Alright well that's all the time we have for today, give it up for Man of the Match Y/N L/N!"

"YO T CATCH ME" I yelled at Tierna. The defender looked around and caught me just in time. "Thank you for not letting me fall on my ass love" I said as I kissed her cheek. Don't worry it was in an extremely platonic way. From the corner of my eye I saw Jessie walk away from us because of our interaction. I decide to tell T to take me over to Jess. "Hey T I think it's time I get revenge on her for ignoring me" I said with an evil smirk on my face. "Hmm what are you thinking in that big head of yours?" T said while laughing which gained her a smack in the head. "How about you carry me bridal style over to the freckled forward and give me a kiss on the cheek as you set me down?" "I'm in but if that girlfriend of yours beats me up I'm not forgiving you" she said while laughing.

We set our plan in motion while Jess is on her way to the locker rooms. "BABE WAIT UP" I yell which makes her turn around before looking back the other way. I can see that she's clearly hurt over the fact that I'm all over T. Once Tierna sets me down and gives me a quick peck on the cheek she runs off to the rest of our team. When I get a good look at her face I see that she has a couple tears rolling down her cheek. "Jess, babe what's wrong?" I said softly. "It's just I h-hate s-seeing you a-around her like that" she said while sniffling. "Listen babe I'm gonna be honest. Me and T are just friends plus you know she's dating AJ. I only did this because you ignored me for a full week and left me wondering what I did wrong." "I'm sorry babe I know what I did was wrong b-but I did it f-for a r-reason" she said while looking over to Teagan who was watching the whole interaction. "And why was that? I mean it certainly had to be important for you to ignore me for a whole fucking week!" I said while trying not to cry. We had taken this conversation somewhere more private which meant nobody but Teagan knew what was happening. Out of the corner of my eye I see Teagan wall over with something in her hands. "What could you possibly want?!" I ask her while sobbing. "Umm Jeff here had a certain plan that didn't go the way she wanted it to but I'll leave you guys to it" she said while sighing.

Jessie fiddled with the box in her hands before looking up to me with tears threatening to spill in her eyes. "I had this whole plan set up to give you this and it all went down the drain." She said while chuckling awkwardly. "I was meant to ignore you for a week because I knew I was gonna end up saying it by accident. I didn't mean to hurt you the way I did" she finished up with a crack in her voice. "I'm sorry Jess I didn't mean to make you feel this way because of T" "Don't apologize babe you did nothing wrong." She said while looking at me sadly.

"Here goes nothing" I hear Jess mutter under her breath. I look up to her and see that she had opened the box which held a ring inside. "Listen Y/N before you get overly excited or scared no this isn't an engagement ring" she said while laughing. I just sit there in shock. "I honestly love you with all my heart and I feel terrible for causing you all this pain. From the first day we met after the game and when we found out we were in the same hotel for the olympics, I knew you were gonna have a big impact in my life. I don't regret asking you out after the bronze medal game because I've never been happier. You light up my world! And now with all of this said, I promise that I will continue to love you with all my heart and I can't promise that I won't make anymore mistakes because we're human and everyone makes mistakes but I promise that I will always correct them. Lastly I promise that one day, we will actually get married. So tell me Y/N, do you accept this promise?" She tells me with watery eyes and a small smile. "Yes Jessie I do accept your promise" I say as I let out a shaky laugh and tears start flowing down my cheeks. As she puts the ring in my finger we hear whoops and cheers coming from behind us. We turn around to find not only both of our teams but the Canadian National team and the U.S national team. We look each other in the eyes before sharing a kiss.

I run off to my national teammates and they all congratulate me. The video is all over Instagram and people are going crazy over how cute our moment was. "Hey babe?" "Yes?" "How about we make a post so I can show you off?" "Anything to make you happy" she says while kissing me. It's a picture of Jessie putting the ring on my finger while we're both on the verge of tears. I captioned it
"I promise"- Jessie Alexandra Fleming
"Babe one more thing" "what is it" she asks with exhaustion evident in her voice. "Jealous much?" I tease while she huffs in annoyance. "Alright I'm kidding babe your the one for me Baby Canada, no one else"