FORTY THREE

SURVEY- Where did you find this story? Choose one below:

A hotlist

A recommendation's list

Someone's reading list

I've been following you since your werewolf stories

– • –

"Will it please you if I showed you the blacksmithing area?"

Vrox rubbed her arms with those massive palms of his, easing the goosebumps of distress on her skin. He was a complete gentleman, deserving much more than the blow job she offered mere days ago.

She wished she could spread her thighs and offer her womb right then and there, but children were a complicated area for her. Not long ago, she had been planning on artificial insemination, convinced that she didn't need a man in her life. Now, philosophy was breathing down her neck. She had to carry an alien's babies to save Ezronians from extinction while attempting to steer clear of males that wouldn't think twice of raping her to ensure the continuation of their bloodline.

But hey, no pressure.

"Yep," she gulped. "Let's see the blacksmithing area."

"What is that word?" he asked as he began to guide her.

"Sorry. I meant to say yes."

"I do not mind your foreign words. They are... soft. They are you."

He definitely deserves a litter of kids.

She shot him a smile, and he returned it with his sharper one.

She placed Vee down, and the alien bunny hopped after her. Vrox took them to the cave adjacent to Ni'ev dwelling, revealing a tidy space packed with a massive fireplace, buckets of water and empty metal containers, long rows of hammers, and unfinished weapons.

She stuck her head under the fireplace, and Vee did the same thing, both wondering where the smoke was taken to.

Seeing her confusion, Vrox said, "we do not use it much this time of rotation. The ceiling has been covered to block the rains."

It stuck out to her how he used the word rotation. On Earth, it took humans centuries before accepting that the Earth was not revolved by the sun and other planets. Did Ezronians know that Ezron rotated their sun? How much did they know about astronomy?

"A rotation is five-hundred days, right?" she asked.

"Yes. It snows every fifth hundred day without fail. It means that our planet has rotated its sun."

"Who taught you this? You were only five when the Vanishing happened."

Vrox shrugged. "I remember some teachings. It is people that I cannot remember well, particularly females. My brothers also shared their knowledge with me. Rokan is very intelligent, and Kyros is curious. They bicker so much that you are bound to pick something up. It is because of them that I know about the stars and how long Ezronian women gestate for. Ak taught us how to read and write when we were boys."

She nodded, taking it all in. Since Ezronians had a writing system and knowledge of space, she wondered how advanced they were.

"Do you know how many planets are in this solar system?"

"Eight," Vrox answered immediately. "There were detailed records about our stars in The Ruins, but they were likely destroyed."

Eight planets in the solar system just like Earth. The similarity was bittersweet.