FIFTY THREE

Kira tried to hold onto consciousness for as long as possible, but Vrox had left her so well-used that her body needed time to repair itself.

She fell asleep with his hand on her stomach and his potion of life slobbered all over her skin. Her slumber was so deep that not even the clashing of planets could wake her. Vrox, however, was pulsing with so much energy that he could stay awake for a month. His balls had already regenerated the sperm he shot into his female, ready to fill her again.

He kneeled beside the bed, unable to remove his hand from Kira's belly. If he could cry, he would be bawling by now.

The gasp of her release had breathed hope back to Ezron.

He stared at his queen's peaceful face, so taken by her that he occasionally forgot to blink. Kira was beautiful before, but now, with her hair loose on his furs, bare breasts falling and rising, womb stitching together his child, she was stunning.

She was mother nature herself.

He remained kneeling beside the bed for hours, refusing to remove his hand even when his shoulder became stiff. He ignored sleep, too.

The only pause he allowed himself was to gently wipe Kira's thighs clean of the remains of their life-making. She was so fatigued that she didn't stir. Even when the morning stretched by, she remained disconnected from the world.

When her stomach growled under his palm, Vrox nearly jumped out of his skin.

She moaned and stretched an arm out, reaching for his side of the bed and frowning when she couldn't find him. Vrox countered with a smile.

Her eyes cracked open, widening further when she found him kneeling beside the bed.

"What are you doing?" she croaked.

"Watching over you."

"You didn't sleep?"

He shook his head. "Of course not."

She sighed, "why would you do that?"

He had no idea how to explain the turbulent possessiveness that pumped through him, demanding that he guarded what belonged to him.

He stood and joined her on the bed, pulling her into his arms and kissing her hair enough times to make her giggle.

"Good day," he told her before dropping his hand to her stomach. "And good day to you too."

Kira bit her lip. "You don't know if your sperm reached my egg yet."

He grinned. "I am confident in my genetics, Kira. My family line is the royal one for a reason."

She grumbled. "You're full of it."

His teeth playfully tugged at her ear before countering, "and you are full of me."

She laughed, playfully swatting at him.

"Are you feeling alright?" he asked, rolling her on top of his chest. "The only reason I am only not slapping your bottom for lying to me is that you may be carrying."

She felt far from alright. Vrox had trashed her insides.

"Yep!" she chirped. "I'm totally fine."

"Really?" Vrox pressed. "Then you will be able to get off the furs and walk outside?"

She gulped.

"Of course."

Vrox pinned her with a look, swinging off the bed and grabbing a cloth to wrap around himself. He then stared challengingly, waiting to be proven wrong.