Chapter 1: Hell On Earth

"Mateo! Get the fuck over here!"

A 9mm Parabellum round ripped through the palm of my left hand. Our unit was ambushed trying to cross a bridge. Two of our APC's were taken down with the bridge.. Luckily our transport was sitting in the front, so we survived. However, now we have no way to retreat with the bridge being destroyed. The five of us were sitting behind a large piece of ruble, fighting to survive.

"I need bandages! Where the hell is our support?!"

Oliver: "37 Klicks east, sir!"

"God damn it! Where's Mateo?!"

Charley: "11 o'clock!"

I turned to my left seeing Mateo run across the battlefield. He was our support officer, and was carrying all of our supplies. I needed his bandages to fix myself up. Mateo was only a meter away when an enemy humvee pulled up. On it was a mounted mg, and it was one big mother fucker. I heard the gun chamber, and waited for the worst. A hail of bullets ripped through Mateo's body. My old friend screamed in agony and jerked towards the ground. Mateo's blood stained the desert sand.

"Shitfuck. Charley, Oliver, I need covering fire. Ian and Ben, you two are with me."

Charley: "Got it. Good luck, Thomas."

"We need God, not luck. Lets go!"

The three of us ran to grab as many supplies from Mateo as possible. I made it to my friend's body and started grabbing what I could. Ben started to protect us, while Ian and I scavenged the body. We finished and began our way back to our small piece of cover. Charley ran to get us, but tripped and fell. A loud explosion of air was heard, and a projectile started to propel towards Charley and Oliver. The rocket made contact with the sand and blew the fuck up. Everyone was sent backwards, I hit my head on our APC, and everything went black.

I awoke to see the same horrifying scene I blacked out on. My ears were ringing, but I could still hear the sound of a feminine voice yelling out to someone. I suddenly realized I was being dragged behind the APC. I studied my surroundings to see Ian and Ben being dragged by some of our troops. Across from me, Charley was crawling towards us, leaving a trail of blood, both of his legs were blown off. Oliver's body was bloodied and ablaze laying in the sand. Suddenly, I could hear everything, once again.

Yara: "Get them behind the APC!"

My teammate dragged me to the disabled truck and dropped me. Yara didn't look like she was in great shape. A large piece of flesh was burned on her right leg, and her left eye was bleeding. Jack appeared from my right, carrying Ben in his arms. Behind him, was Chloe, who was dragging Ian by his legs. I immediately got up and started to work on Ian.

Camila: "No, you need to say down, Thomas."

"Not gonna happen! As the medic, I need to keep them alive. Just don't let me get shot in the other hand!"

I pulled out my now refilled EMC bag, thanks to Mateo's supplies, and pulled out a lot of gauze. I grabbed my canteen and poured the cold water on all of Ian's burns. I then wrapped all of his burns, carefully. I then proceeded to do the same to Ben.

"All done! Where's my gun?!"

Jack: "Heads up!"

I caught my personalized M4, but was disappointed to see it was scratched up and scarred. I started to fire back at our attackers. Soon enough my gun ran dry.

"Ammo?"

Jack: "Gotcha, buddy."

I put the mag in the gun and threw back the charging handle. I peeked out of the APC, and was thrown backwards, successfully getting a face full of sand. I cleared most of the sand from my eyes and mouth, and gathered my strength. I tried to stand but a knife was lodged in my leg. I found Chloe unconscious laying next to me. Jack and Yara were doing there best to hold off the converging attackers. Yara was kicked in the face, followed by a swift punch to her gut, she went down fast. I tried to look at Jack, but everything grew dark.

A/N: Yayyyyy. We're starting a new story!!!!! I'm going to be putting a lot of effort into this one, so I'm going to rely heavily on your guy's feedback. I'm a lot more confident in my ability to write this, because my writing has definitely matured since the last chapter of those bullshit stories. Have a good night/day.