Chapter 3: Ace and Sabo

~Inari's POV~

I've been spending time with Luffy and it was fun. Luffy maybe a bundle of energy but seeing his smile was worth it. Luffy seems to grow attached to me more as I've spend time with him, there was that one day in Makino's bar where he called me big brother. Makino wouldn't stop teasing me as I blushed.

Then one day...he came. We were in the woods, I was watching Luffy train himself. I wanted to help but he wanted to figure it out on his own. Suddenly, an old, yet muscular man burst through the trees and yelled.

?: Luffy! There you are! I heard you ate a devil fruit brat!Luffy: G-Gramps!!   Luffy ran behind me and hid behind my legs

Luffy: G-Gramps!!
Luffy ran behind me and hid behind my legs.
Inari: Gramps?
?: Who are you!? What did you do to my grandson?!
Luffy: Don't be mean to Inari-nii!!
That what he calls me now, with that outburst, it shocked the old man.
?: Inari-nii!? Stop brainwashing my grandson!
Inari: I didn't do anything. My name is Morimoto Inari, pleased to meet you I guess.
He glares but introduced himself.
Garp: Monkey D. Garp, Luffy's grandpa.

I stared in shock.
Inari: (Garp!? He's a marine! If he finds out...)
Luffy: What do you want with me and Inari-nii gramps?!
Garp: Just doing my usual visits and to train you into a fine marine!
Luffy: I don't want to be a marine, I want to be a pirate! I promised Shanks!
Garp: Shanks...
The mood got darker and Garp glares at Luffy.
Garp: You brat! You will not become a pirate!
Suddenly, both of us were hit by a fist, it's covered in haki!!! Who hits a child with haki!?
Garp: Fist of love!
Luffy: Ow!!!
Inari: What was that for?!
Garp: If Luffy thinks you're his brother then you're my grandson too brat!
Inari: What?!

Garp grabbed the both of us forcefully and takes us somewhere up in the mountains. I stopped struggling for a while while Luffy kept fighting. I don't know how old Garp is but he's treating me like a child! I look like at least 18/19 years old! Luffy kept repeating he'll be a pirate king while Garp says to us we'll both be marines. I'll never work with the people who were involved with the death of my island!
We are at this house and Garp knocks on it.
Garp: Dadan!! Get out here!!
A man....I mean woman??? A woman came out of the hut with two other people. They honestly look like bandits.
Dadan: Garp! You seriously have to take Ace back, we can't handle him any longer!

Garp talks to them while Luffy looks around. I listen in to only hear he's leaving us off with these bandits! Garp also is blackmailing them to do so. I got tired of their conversation and watched Luffy.
Luffy: Ungh!
There was spit on Luffy's cheek as he glares at the culprit.
Luffy: Spit! That's gross, who did that?!
I turn to see a kid who looked a little older than Luffy. He had the darkest glare, a glare that had been through tough times.
Inari: (A child shouldn't have a look like that...)
The kid was on a large dead animal while holding a pipe.