Chapter 5: Fire

~Inari's POV~

I was resting in our shared tree house. Ace, Sabo and Luffy decided to explore and find some treasure for themselves. As I was doing my usual afternoon nap, I felt something wrong. I immediately sat up and jump outside.
Inari: Ace, Sabo, Luffy!

I yelled out for them but none of them were here. I perked up my ears to hear any movement, I heard all of their shouting in the distance. I ran to where their voices were, only to find the Blue Jam Pirates holding Sabo.
Luffy: Give Sabo back!
Sabo's Father: He is my son! I have the right to take him back!
Ace and Luffy looked beaten up as Sabo continues to struggle in the pirates arms.
Ace: You bastards! Give Sabo back!
One of the pirates went to hit Ace, that was enough.
Inari: What do you think you're doing to my brothers?!

I kicked the pirate in the face before he hit Ace.
Sabo, Ace and Luffy: Inari!
I glared at Sabo's father as he backs up in fear.
Sabo's Father: Sabo is my son! You have no right keeping him!
Inari: It was Sabo's own will to leave you, he deserves his freedom. I will fight every single one of you to get my little brother back.
I lit my hands in blue fire, scaring the pirates and noble.
Sabo's Father: I-I paid these pirates to never let you meet Sabo again! And I will continue paying any pirates to get Sabo back!
Inari: You think I give a crap, I'll protect all of my little brothers from any pirates you send!
Sabo: I-Inari, stop!

~3rd Person's POV~

Inari: Sabo?
Inari stopped because of Sabo's shout. Sabo was shanking, tears forming from his eyes.
Sabo: F-Father, I'll listen to you. Please don't harm my brothers and stop sending pirates.
Ace: Sabo!
Luffy: Don't go! We can deal with pirates!
Sabo: I don't want us constantly being hunted down...I love all of you, I don't want you guys being hurt because of me...
Sabo's Father: Hmp, finally some sense. Let's go Sabo.
The pirate let's go of Sabo as he walks besides his father. Luffy and Ace cries and shouts Sabo to come back.
Inari: Sabo...

Sabo heard Inari's voice and looks back.
Inari: Are you sure about this...
Sabo nods, Inari understood and let Sabo go. Inari picked Ace and Luffy before they run to Sabo.
Luffy: Inari-nii, l-let us down! We need to rescue Sabo!
Ace: Let go!
Inari: ...

Once Inari makes it to the tree house, he finally let's go of the two boys.
Luffy: Why did you leave?!
Ace: He needs our help!
Inari: You two rushing at those pirate without a plan will get you killed. Just trust Sabo on this, alright?
Luffy: But-!
Inari gave Luffy a hug, some tears slipping out his eyes.
Inari: It hurts to leave Sabo but this is his decision.
Ace: Alright...
Ace and Luffy walked to the tree house with sad expressions. Inari has a plan forming in his head, let's wait till nighttime.

When it got dark, Inari waited for Ace and Luffy to fall asleep. Once they were out cold, Inari shifted into fox form, only a small size to move quicker. He quietly sneaked out and tracked Sabo scent. He followed the scent, jumping on roofs while concealing himself. He got to a large, wealthy home.
Inari: Sabo is in this home...
Inari closed his eyes and used observation haki. Inari found him, Sabo was sitting near a window in the second floor. Inari jumped where the window was, luckily there was a balcony.
Sabo: I-Inari.
   Sabo whispered in surprised as Inari landed, turning back into his human form.

Inari: Sabo...
   Inari spread his arms out for Sabo and Sabo immediately launched himself at him. They embraced in a warm hug, Sabo had tears in his eyes, happy seeing Inari.
Sabo: Is Ace and Luffy okay?
Inari: They're having a hard time without you.
Sabo: *sighs* I didn't want to leave but I don't want any of you hurt.
Inari: I know...