Chapter 4: Nobles and Brothers

~Inari's POV~

I was sitting besides Sabo, watching Luffy and Ace spar with each other.
Luffy: Gomu Gomu no Pistol!
   Somehow, Luffy manages to miss, hit the ground and punch himself. Only Luffy would able to hurt himself this way.
Ace: I told you...
   Ace did a finisher, ending the spar.
Ace: What the hell're you trying to do!?
Luffy: Oof!!

   Luffy was down, I walked towards Luffy and healed the bruise Ace made to his face while Sabo marked their score.
Luffy: Thanks Inari-nii~!
Inari: Try to aim better Luffy.
Sabo: Ace wins again!
   Ace crosses his arms as he talks to Luffy sitting on the ground.
Ace: Does your power even have a purpose?
Luffy: I just didn't do it right!
Inari: Luffy is able to block regular bullets, he can't be hurt by them unless they're sea stone bullets.
Luffy and Ace: Sea stone?
Sabo: I read about that a little bit! Sea stone weakens devil fruit users.
Inari: Correct! Good job Sabo.
   I took his hat and pat his head, he blushes in embarrassment, making me smirk.

Sabo: S-Stop that Inari-nii!
Inari: Stop being adorable then.
Ace: That maybe be useful but Luffy's powers are still lame!
Luffy: No it's not! Tell him Inari-nii!
Ace: Having powers like fire is cooler!
   They both stare at me, waiting for an answer.
Inari: Not all devil fruits are useless, it depends how the user uses it.
   The three boys tilt their heads in confusion.
Sabo: What do you mean by that?
Inari: Let's say two people had the same devil fruit before, each person would use it differently. One may use it efficiently while the other couldn't use it to it's full potential. Even if someone picks a strong devil fruit, it'll be useless if you can't handle it or know how to use it in your own effective way.
   I look at them, Ace and Sabo seems to understand. Luffy...not so much but he's trying.

Inari: Your devil fruit is very unique Luffy, if you train hard enough with it, it could make you very powerful.
   Luffy smiles and smirked at Ace.
Luffy: See~! My fruit is awesome!
Ace: It's not awesome if you can't even aim with it.
   I shook my head at their argument.
Inari: Now now, no fighting.
Luffy: One more match Ace!
Ace: Sorry Luffy, we had our 100 fights a day, do it tomorrow.

   Sabo viewed the scores all together.
Sabo: You lost to me and Ace 50 times each. And me and Ace are 24-26. Dammit!!
Luffy: When I'm 10 I'm gonna kick all your butts!
Ace: But we'll be 13 by then. Come on, let's get dinner! Inari, you don't get to!
Inari: Aw~! Why not Ace?
Sabo: You always kill it before we do!
Ace: We wanna train and get our own food!
Luffy: Yeah!
Inari: You guys are bullying me.

   We went to the place where the alligators gather. I watch from afar as Sabo, Ace and Luffy were on the tree above the alligator water.
Ace: Shall we get some gators?
Luffy: I love gators!
Sabo: Just don't get eaten this time Luffy!
   Ace, Sabo and Luffy easily fought and killed the alligators. I helped them rope up the alligators and brought them back to Dadan. As each day goes by in these dangerous woods, they're getting stronger than ever.

   I eventually learned what this island was, there was a huge kingdom past the gates of the grey terminal. Once in a while, we all sneak in and steal food. Well...the three rascals do. I gain some money doing odd jobs here but they wouldn't let me pay for their food.