Chapter 6: Decision

~Inari's POV~

   Sabo didn't reply to my answer, he wasn't sure what he wanted.
Sabo: Well...what do you guys think?
Luffy had tears form in his eyes and hug Sabo.
Luffy: I want you to stay Sabo! I-I don't want my brother to leave!
   He was shaking, gripping Sabo's shirt really tight.
Dadan: *sighs* You can do whatever you want brat, I'm not forcing you to stay.
   Ace was being silent, not sure what to say. Sabo turns to look at me.
Sabo: What about you Inari-nii?

I stayed silent a bit...but decided to tell my opinion.
Inari: I don't mind with you going with Dragon.
Ace: What?! H-He can't go!
Inari: Sabo would be safer from his dad. They could also train Sabo to be stronger, enough to protect himself.
Luffy: B-But Inari-nii, we can't let Sabo go! I don't want to lose him again!
I reached out and sadly pat his shoulder.
Inari: I know Luffy, I'll miss Sabo as well but as much as I would hate it, he would be safer. Even if Sabo's father thinks he's dead, Sabo can't go to high town with you or Ace anymore if he wants to risk being caught again by his father.

   Luffy stands up, tears falls from his eyes as he shouts.
Luffy: We can protect him! We're strong!
Inari: For how long Luffy? I didn't want to tell you this now, I was going to tell you this later....
Ace: Tell us what?
   I look into their eyes.
Inari: *sighs* I was planning to leave.
   What I've said shocked them, Luffy had more tears in his eyes, Sabo was sad and Ace was mad.
Ace: You're leaving us! Why?!
Luffy: I-I don't w-want you to go!
Luffy leaps at me and tightly wraps his rubber arms around my body.
Sabo:...
Inari: I love you all, you're my loving brothers. When we all spoke about our dreams...I need to leave in order to do that but I promise to come back and visit.

Luffy: Please don't go!
Sabo: I-I don't want to leave you guys behind either...
Ace: ...
Dadan: *sighs* You brats have things to discuss without me. Don't take too long alright.
Dadan walked out, leaving us alone.
Ace: When are you leaving?
Inari: Most likely...in two weeks.
Luffy: Y-You can't!
Sabo: Luffy! Inari-nii made his decision...what if he forces you to stay here when you want to leave to be a pirate?
Luffy:...I won't like that...
Luffy stayed quiet but he holding me tighter.

Ace: ...Like Inari said...I guess I won't mind either choice as well. Whatever you choose I'll support it.
Luffy: *sniff* If you go with dad you better visit!
   Sabo was silent, thinking deeply.
Sabo: ...Let me think about this by myself...
Sabo got up and left the house. Luffy wanted to follow but Ace held him back. I got up as well and went outside to talk to Dragon. Dragon noticed me and we walked to somewhere private.
Dragon: I see he's having trouble deciding.
Inari: Those three are inseparable, of course Sabo needs time to think. When are you leaving?
Dragon: Tomorrow morning. I need to get these people to safety.
Inari: I'll go tell Sabo, why don't you go spend some time with your son.
Dragon: I haven't seen Luffy in years...
Inari: Now is the time to start, now go!

   I shoved Dragon in Dadan's shack and went to go find Sabo. I transformed into my fox form and followed Sabo's scent. It led to our tree house, I transformed back and climbed up to the door.
Inari: *knock, knock* Sabo, do you still need time?
Sabo: ...Yes...
Inari: Can I come in?
Sabo: ...Sure...
   I opened the door to see a ball of blankets. I walked over and sat down next to it.
Inari: Do you want to talk about it?
Sabo nods his head and began speaking.
Sabo: ...I love staying here, spending my days with Luffy and Ace...but if I stay, we'll be in constant trouble if my father finds me again. I don't want to give them pain...they're my brothers. I want to become stronger...joining Revolutionary army will help...
Inari: But?
Sabo: I feel like if I go, I'm betraying them. We were supposed to all sail together as pirates.

I gently hugged Sabo, stroking his head to sooth him.
Inari: Ace and Luffy wants you to be happy too.
Sabo: I know...but I want them to be safe...
   After a moment is silence, Sabo spoke again.
Sabo: I've made my decision, I'm joining the revolutionary army.
   Sabo got up, looking determined.
Inari: Glad you've decided. Dragon is leaving tomorrow, want me to get Ace and Luffy to help you pack?
   Sabo nods and I stabbed my kunai on the ground. I already placed one at Dadan's and I was there instantly, scaring Ace and Luffy.
Ace: Stop doing that!
Luffy: Cool!
Inari: Sabo made his decision, he wants to leave with you Dragon.
Dragon: Alright, make sure he has all his things. We'll leave at 6 am, see you there.
   Dragon hugged Luffy and left the hut. I transformed and carried my two brothers to our home. All of us helped packed, once we were done, the three of them were sleeping close together. If I had a den den mushi camera, I would've took a picture.

   The next day were tearful goodbyes. Luffy was bawling, Ace tried to look tough but he still had tears. Dadan and the mountain bandits had a hard time holding back tears as well.
Luffy: You b-better call us! Visit us whenever you can!
Ace: If you don't answer our calls, I'm gonna drag your ass back here!
Dadan: Don't come back brat!
Inari: I hope you'll be strong, little brother.
   Sabo was crying, tears falling as well.
Sabo: Ace! Luffy! I may not be a pirate with you but I'll still be your brother! I'll come back and kick your asses!
   The two smiled and replied.
Ace: You can try you bastard but I'm the stronger brother!
Luffy: No, I'll be ten times stronger than both of you!
Sabo: Inari-nii! Thank you for taking care of us and rescuing me!
   Sabo was smiling and gave us a hug.
Sabo: I-I....I love you guys so much, I'll miss you!

   It was very hard to make Luffy let go, but eventually he had to. We watched Sabo get on the ship and sail away to his new life with Dragon. It took a while for Ace and Luffy to be their normal selfs but eventually got better once Sabo called on the den den mushi Dragon gave us. Once I made sure the two are okay, it was time for me to go as well.
Luffy: *sniff* I'll miss you...
Ace: ...You better come back when I set off on my own!
   I smile and pat both of their heads.
Inari: Of course I'll see both of you off, if I don't you can punch me.
   The two launched at me, giving me their tightest hugs.
Sabo: Do I get to punch you too!?
   Sabo was on call as I was gonna leave.
Ace: We'll punch you too Sabo if you don't visit us!

   I laughed, I'm going to miss them.
Inari: Both of you, be great pirates for me. One day, we'll meet again with our new crew mates at sea.
Luffy: Of course, I'll be king of the pirates!
Ace: I'm gonna make a name for myself!
Sabo: I'm gonna change this corrupt government!
   It was hard to let go but I had to eventually.
Inari: I'll see you all again.
I waved my brothers good bye as I leave. I used my fire to speed my boat up, looking at the island getting smaller.

   I was now alone, it's been a while since I sailed.
Inari: My plan was to sail straight to Loguetown, maybe find my first mate and head to the Grandline. I hope to find someone interesting.

~At Loguetown~

   A man was running for his life, fear taking over his body. It wasn't long before the person they were running from shot the man in the forehead.
?: *sighs* Such a disappointment...you could've talked, now look what happened.
   The person was on the roof, staring at the dead body coldly. Their gun was now a chameleon and it crawled on the man's shoulder.

?: Let's go Leon

?: Let's go Leon... *smirks* we still have a target to kill...