Immortals - Episode 1

Captain Jack, Gwen, Rhys and Rex are on return flight to Cardiff, Wales to take Gwen and Rhys home. Gwen and Rhys are next to each other, leaving Jack and Rex to socialize. "So I can just die. I'm immortal right?" Rex questions Jack. "Yes. Yes, of course! How many times have I gotta explain this?" Jack answers explaining that Rex is now an immortal like Jack. "Do you seriously want to continue with this life? I mean, even now that we do have Anwen?" Rhys is questioning Gwen if she is certain to continue working with Jack, even after all they've been through and that they have an infant baby in their care. "I just think there's some amazing stuff out there that I'd love to know more about and see." Gwen explains to her loving husband: Rhys. "But, yes, I should take some time off." Gwen answers him.

The previous day, Charlotte (who turned out to be the mole at the C.I.A) had shot Rex, who then died. She was gunned down by other agents, however Rex had already died. Suddenly, he awoke gasping for air and his shot wound healed. "What the hell did you do to me?" Rex questions Jack after waking up from death. "How did I...?" Rex starts but gets lost in his own words. "Jack, how did he come back?" Gwen quizzes him, who is just as shocked as them. "World War 2! What's going on?" Rex riddles him, using the nickname he has for Jack, still on the floor. "Let's get you up, man." Rhys states, pulling him up. "Alright?" Rhys asks a recently revived Rex. "Yeah, I just... don't understand this shit." Rex replies. "It must have been The Blessing." Jack suggests. "What?" Gwen says. "How was it The Blessing? What did it do?" Gwen asks him. "When The Blessing took in my blood from Rex and me, it must have thought that Rex was immortal as well as myself. I guess we maybe should have thought about that before we-" Jack starts explaining. "You mean I'm a fucking immortal now?!" Rex exclaims angrily. "Well, yeah I guess." Jack answers an aggressive Rex. "Everyone good over there?" An agent asks them, recovering from the revival of Rex. "Yeah." Gwen answers. "I think." She adds under her breath. "I'd like to head on home now." Gwen states. "It's just that me and Rhys have a return flight back to Cardiff tomorrow. I had no idea that this bollocks was gonna happen." Gwen explains to the other two.

Back on the plane, the pilot informs the passengers that they have 30 minutes till landing. "So you're sure that you're not going to continue with your shit with Jack and Torchwood." Rhys says to Gwen, now contemplating on the immense possibilities with Torchwood, but then regretting leaving Rhys and her family. It's true that she can't have the two connecting anymore. "I'm sure. I'm certain. We'll have to tell Jack, but not yet. When the plane lands, we'll tell him." Gwen suggests. Rex is still asking Jack about immortal life. "So I can die any way and still come back?" Rex questions him. "Yes!" Jack shouts, getting irritated. "This is pissing me off; just ask me questions when we get off." Jack suggests and turns his head away from him and closes his eyes.

After Gwen notifies Jack and Rex about their flight the next day, they go back to the apartment they rented out for Esther's funeral. Gwen and Rhys have their own room and Jack and Rex are together as well. "I don't understand how they mistook us for a couple!" Rex states as he enters their room. "I mean, we actually specifically stated that we were not a couple, but yet, here we are with a freakin' double bed!" Rex exclaims while staring at their double bed. Jack pulls out his 1940s revolver and points it at Rex's head. Rex, in front of Jack, turns around. "So, World War 2-" Bang! Captain Jack shoots Rex in the head.

Gwen and Rhys, who were on their way to Jack and Rex, heard the shot and rush in. "What the bloody hell happened in here?" Gwen questions, startled. "Why is Rex dead, man? What happened?" Rhys questions him. "I just need to see if he is immortal. So let's find out." Jack explains to them, much to their shock and surprise. Rex awakes, gasping for air, and looking startled at what Jack did to him. "Why...?" Rex starts. "There's nothing. There's just... nothing." Rex states, implying that there's nothing after death.

The plane comes into landing at Cardiff, they exit and leave the airport. "So, Jack." Gwen says to the Captain. "I was thinking that it was about time that we... I have to leave Torchwood. For good. Or maybe come back, but for now, I have to go and look after the family." Gwen explains to him. "I suppose it was inevitable. You would've had to have gone at some point. I understand and I'm sorry about everything. About everyone. Suzie, Tosh, Owen, Ianto and Esther. They're all my fault." Jack replies. "You can't put the blame all on you, Jack. They weren't all your fault." Gwen assures Jack. "Yes they were. And I'm sorry for what I had done to you." He replies. "Sorry for what?" She asks him. "Taking you away from your family and ruining both your lives." He answers. "You didn't ruin my life, Jack. You let me open my eyes for what's really out there. There was a lot of death, but you showed me wonderful and glorious things. And I'm thankful for that." She explains to Jack. "We should get going, Gwen." Rhys informs her. "Yeah, yeah. Goodbye, Captain Jack. Just don't ever blame yourself for them. You got that? Don't ever blame yourself." Gwen says and walks off with Rhys to return to their family. "Bye... bye Gwen." Jack says feeling sorry and goes off with Rex to start all new adventures.

[THE PICTURE IS OF REX MATHESON WHEN HE AWAKES FROM THE DEAD AND REALIZED THAT  HE IS IMMORTAL]