A New Place, A New Face - Episode 2

Gwen and Rhys have decided that they can no longer have Torchwood in her life (no matter how much Gwen wishes that it still could be) and tries to take care of her family. They leave Captain Jack and Rex Matheson to possibly carry on with Torchwood or stop forever. But Jack will never stop Torchwood. He just simply can't. The two go to the fountain where the Hub was. They order a pizza and sit on a bench. "What we gonna do next?" Rex asks Jack. "No Gwen. No Esther. No base, no Torchwood. Where are we gonna go?" He quizzes him. "Well, there's always Torchwood Two. Although, they are a weird lot!" Jack suggests. "You know, if you don't wanna continue with Torchwood, you could help out in the C.I.A." Rex suggests a new job for Jack. "No, no. I don't want to work there. They're not my type." Jack informs Rex. "Oh, so what is your type?" Rex asks him. "Torchwood. Torchwood was my type. Not the C.I.A, or any other strange organization. Just Torchwood. Fighting for the future on behalf of the human race. That's what we were. But they all died." Jack explains, leaving Rex lost for ideas. "Well, World War 2, if nothing else is better than Torchwood. Let's go to Torchwood Two." Rex suggests. They finish their pizza and head off for their new journey.

Gwen and Rhys are in their new home, which is closer to the old Hub than their old cottage (from the beginning of Miracle Day). They arrive, while Gwen's mother looking after Anwen. "I bet you're gonna find this piss boring!" Rhys jokes as they stand at the door. "Yeah. Shame, but still..." Gwen replies and they enter. "Yay! Mummy's home!" Mary (Gwen's mother) says to Anwen. "Oh, hello! Have you been a good girl for your grandmother?" Gwen asks Anwen rhetorically. "She's been perfect. You okay, Rhys?" Mary asks Rhys. "I've been good, like. You alright?" He answers. "Yeah, how 'bout you Gwen? You been okay?" She asks her daughter who is picking up Anwen. "Yeah, well. I'm unemployed. I had to leave again." She explains to her mother. "Going back to policing then are you?" Mary questions Gwen. "I suppose. Do you know if Andy's still there?" Gwen asks. "I bloody hope not!" Rhys states. "Sorry." He apologizes to Mary. "I don't remember him, love. Why don't you go and see?" Mary suggests. "You coming, my dear?" Gwen questions Rhys if he'll be joining her to the police station. "I couldn't care less if he's still working there. Besides, we've only just arrived and now you're off again! Just stay for cuppa." Rhys suggests, explaining that Gwen is always going off. "Yeah, why don't you just stay for one cup of tea? I'll put the kettle on, so Rhys doesn't have to." Mary says and the two sit down with Anwen.

Captain Jack and Rex land in Glasgow and are arriving to Torchwood Two. "So what kind of place is this?" Rex questions Jack. "Well, Archie, the guy in charge was usually the only one there. And then in 2009, he started building a larger team, until the 456 crisis, the one with the children, broke out." He starts explaining. "I remember that. Creepy shit was happening in London." Rex interrupts. "Anyway, he abandoned it cause they knew about the deal from 1965 and they thought that they would be on their kill list, which is after they found the Hub was destroyed. Near the end of 2010, he started to recruit again and returned. So, here it is. He usually sits on that bench, right over there." Jack explains and points to a bench where a man sits alone. The man is Scottish (but not with a strong accent) in his 40's, he has dark black hair, green eyes, has a dense and stubbly beard and wears a leather jacket (much like Christopher Eccleston's ninth Doctor) with brown trousers and black smart shoes. Captain Jack and Rex walk over to him. "Archie!" Jack calls out his name and he looks over to see him. "The Captain and his friend walk over to their old friend: Archie." Archie replies to them, referring to himself in the third person. "Have you been drinking again?" Jack questions a supposedly drunk Archie. "Maybe." He replies sarcastically. "Where's your other friend? Owen?" He asks Jack. "And who is he?" Archie questions Jack about Rex. "This is Rex Matheson and surely I told you that Owen died." Jack reminds him. "No. I don't remember." He replies. "Well all the others are dead as well." Jack informs Archie.

Gwen is going back (after her cup of tea) to where she worked before Torchwood to see if Andy is still there. Luckily for her, his shift just ended and is going on a late lunch break. "Gwen?!" Andy exclaims running over to her. "Andy! It's so good to see you again." She replies. "What are you doing here? Torchwood not good enough anymore, or are you just here to pity on me on my pitiful job?" Andy asks jokingly. "No, I left Torchwood. Yeah, too much for me to handle. Anyway, could I... have my job back?" Gwen questions, feeling sorry for always leaving Andy. "What? You're boring old police job. With no aliens. No paranormal activities. Not spooky enough!?" He continues joking to her. "For Christ sake, Andy! Yes! Yes, I want my bloody police job back, with no aliens or Torchwood. I want it back, please." She now pleads him. "Alright, I was only joking. I'll see to it that you can have it back." Andy replies being serious. "Thank you." Gwen thanks him. "And, maybe we can be partners again." Andy suggests. "Oh, alright then." Gwen goes along, being thankful that she can get her old job back with Andy, now Sergeant.

Back in America, Jilly Kitzinger is following the Blue-Eyed man and goes into a house where there are other members of this organization having a meeting. She enters the room, however she doesn't recognize a soul there. "What's plan B?" She asks them all. "Are you sure?" The Blue-Eyed man questions her. She replies by nodding her head.

[THE PICTURE IS OF THE ORIGINAL TORCHWOOD THREE TEAM IN 2007. CHARACTERS FROM LEFT TO RIGHT; GWEN COOPER, SUZIE COSTELLO, CAPTAIN JACK HARKNESS, IANTO JONES, DR. OWEN HARPER AND TOSHIKO SATO]