Invasion and Isolation - Episode 10

Archie sits on the sofa, with his head still dripping from when Rex poured water over him to wake him up. Captain Jack goes to join him and breaks the peaceful silence that he was once enjoying. "It's all going to shit. Hopefully they'll find those aliens and I hope that me going back actually played a part in all this." Jack speaks to him and Archie listens uncomfortably. "Not much is really going on here, so why did you come all this way?" Jack questions him why he tagged along with them. "I wasn't comfortable going back to Glasgow. After we got Millie and Bruce killed, I couldn't be there in case another went and they look to me. They look to me for instructions and orders." Archie explains to him. "How did you cope with Torchwood Three, as I found Torchwood Two easier on my own." Archie asks Jack. "Well, basically everyone died and I lived on. But that's just the curse of having immortality. I saw the whole of 20th century Torchwood and was forced to start my own group for the 21st century, so I'd say you got it off easier." Jack answers him and he feels slightly more contented.

Martha, Mickey and Rex rejoin them in the main room. "We've gotten mildly closer to catching these aliens and hoping there won't be a fight for Earth." Martha starts as the three enter the room. "I think that some are already on the planet, we're just not sure where." Martha explains to them. "I figure they're in Europe, though." Rex suggests. "Why's that?" Jack questions him. "Just feels like it." Rex briefly explains his wild suggestion. "And we don't know what they are either." Mickey adds. "Right. No weaknesses. No strengths. Nothing. We're working on basically nothing and Rex's random suggestion." Martha reminds them and explains that they're very close to getting them. "How do we find more information?" Captain Jack questions her. "I just... we don't. There's no way we can find anything else out." Martha answers him, which gets the others moderately worried.

Sophie is on the computer for Torchwood Two, while James is talking to Isabella and explaing why he did the things he did. Sophie logs into her account (Sophie Ailsa McCrimmon) and remembers that she has to sign out deceased members of Torchwood. First she signs out Bruce Noah Jones, as he was only with them for four months. Then Millie Aileen Guppy (she joined Torchwood nine months ago and three days before Sophie); her and Millie were very close. She starts crying as she finishes logging them out and deleting all their saved files.

"How long am I going to have stay here?" Isabella questions her new boyfriend. "Until you may ever get better." James answers her. "Considering you didn't answer, I'll take a guess and say that I'm never leaving. It's a shame really. The last place I'll ever eat at is bloody McDonald's!" Isabella replies, trying to keep herself and James happy, despite the situation. "You're not going to die. I can't let that happen." James promises her, however he knows that there is no way of saving her. "Are you just going to sit there and watch me slowly die and hope that yourself is not infected?" Isabella questions him, not fully caring of his feelings. "You won't die!" James states, even starting to believe it himself. She ignores him this time and rests down on the floor.

 Andy (still at the hospital) is told by a nurse that he is fit to go. He gets some of his casual clothes on (grey hoodie, blue trousers etc.) and the nurse later informs him that he has a visitor. "Oh, Gwen... I told you to go." Andy says as someone walks in, whom he presumes to be Gwen. "I not Gwen." Replies a mysterious man in a slow and crackling voice. Andy turns around and notices that he does not recognize this person. "Who the bloody hell are you?" Andy questions the mysterious man. "You are Andy Davidson, yes?" He asks Andy. The man is dressed is fully in black, with a white shirt and black fedora (basically looks like the men in black). "I am and who are you?" Andy answers him. "Friend of Captain Jack Harkness and affiliated with the Torchwood Corporation?" He continues to ask questions, which causes Andy to be uncomfortable. "I suppose, yes. Why does this matter? I just wanna go home, now." Andy replies and forces his way past the man.

In his attempt to escape, the man pulls him back and pulls out an alien gun! "Oh, what the fuck!?" Andy exclaims and then notices the weapon in his hand. He stares at it in fear and is speechless. "I have been sent here to exterminate people of Torchwood. Then take over world. Take over world with friends." The man explains to Andy. "I must kill you." The man adds and puts the gun to his head...

Jack and the rest are trying to figure out locations of where the aliens might be. They are still left clueless. "If we use that chair thing." Jack starts. "Could someone use it to change what happened in the past? Because I don't originally remember doing any of the stuff I did when I was there. And when I used it: it felt like it was happening in the now." Jack questions them, as he has made several mistakes in his indefinite life and wishes to change some things. "I would expect so, yes. Don't try anything too major, because we don't know what could happen. Chaos Theory. So don't change a death, as it may be dangerous." Martha explains to him, he nods his head in response. Secretly, he wanted to bring back Owen, Ianto and Tosh. 'Surely nothing bad could happen to an immortal about changing death.' Jack though to himself.

Back in Glasgow, Sophie goes to the quarantine area and speaks to them. "It is my wedding tomorrow, as I'm sure you have all not forgotten. I just wanted to say that you don't have to go. That is if you don't want to, of course, but still... I'm sorry you can't be the bridesmaid anymore, Isabella." Sophie explains to them. "That's alright. I wouldn't want someone with an alien disease at my wedding either. Not that I can get married because of this bloody illness, anyway." Isabella jokes, however Sophie starts getting emotional. Not the response Isabella would have hoped for.

Sophie exits Torchwood and makes way for her hen party and her husband (Terry Blackwood) is on his stag night. "We should get married." Isabella suggests randomly. James looks at her in confusion, "What?" He questions. "Before I die. And I know that I probably will soon; I'd like to marry you." Isabella explains. "Yes. Yes, I most certainly will marry you." James responds to her proposal. He stands up against the glass and she stand opposite him from the other side. He puts his hands up against it and she copies. They both lean against the glass together, both knowing that this how close they can ever get together anymore. James rests his head against it and whispers, "I'm sorry."

A car pulls up outside the shack. Jack looks outside, unfortunately he can't identify anyone as it is dark. His phone rings. "Captain Jack Harkness." Jack answers. "World War 2, who's out there?" Rex questions him and Jack shrugs his shoulders. "Jack, it's me: Gwen." Gwen answers. "Something drastic happened down here at the hospital where Andy was staying." She starts explaining, until there's a knock at the door. "What happened?" Jack asks her. "Some guy pulled a gun on Andy and he says he was like some kind of alien, or something. He's alright, but the man got shot down. Thankfully, someone from the force, with a pistol, was visiting him." Gwen explains the situation. "Don't worry, Gwen. Hold on, we've got some shit happening here too." Jack replies and hangs up on her.

"Jack? Jack!?" Gwen speaks through her phone. "What'd he say, man?" Rhys questions her. "You know, these are the times where Torchwood are helpful, Rhys." Gwen says to him. "Yeah, but this wouldn't have happened if you go and bloody join that place." Rhys informs her. Andy sits with a blanket in mild shock and being looked after.

Mickey answers the door to their unexpected guest. "Who the hell are you?" Mickey questions him rhetorically. The man steps in and is familiar face. "Jack. I have come here in honor of the three families to bring upon you and your pathetic friends' executions." Explains the Blue-Eyed man. He pulls out his pistol and shoots Jack in the chest, at the same time Rex gets out his pistol. The Blue-Eyed man pistol-whips Mickey in the face, knocking him to the ground and shoots at Rex. He misses a fatal shot (hits his left arm) and luckily enough, Archie shoots him the leg, causing him to fall. Martha rushes to her husband and Archie and Rex go to the Blue-Eyed man. "If above anything that James had recently taught me, it's to not always kill and to take prisoners for answers. He also tried to stop Archie talking in third person!" Archie explains and makes a joke at the end. They take his weapon and tie him up on a chair.

"We'll see what this tosser has to say for himself. In the meanwhile, we track these bastard aliens." Archie orders Rex and they tend to Mickey by leaving him on the bed with an ice pack for his head. He thanks them and they leave Martha with him. They return to Jack.

"Guys, I wanna save Ianto, Owen, Tosh, Esther, Bruce and Millie. Are you in or out." Jack explains to them and they think about it. They think about the consequences, but think more about their emotions. They decide that it could be a good idea to save the ones they lost.

[THE PICTURE IS OF SERGEANT ANDY DAVIDSON. STARTED AS A POLICEMAN WITH GWEN AS HIS PARTNER, NOW BECOMING A FIGHTING MEMBER OF TORCHWOOD!]