The Rise of Torchwood - Episode 7

The Torchwood crew leave the pub and go the Roald Dahl Plass and rest by the Water Tower, above where the Hub used to be. "Thanks for saving me and Andy." Gwen mentions once they've rested. "That's okay. I tried to warn you. The Three Families, they might come back. Might be now. Might be in a few years time. But remember to stay alert." Jack warns Gwen. "Is he getting better?" Gwen questions Archie about Andy. "Yeah, don't worry. He'll be fine. Trust me." Archie assures her. "I can't stay with Torchwood, you know that Jack, I just can't stay." Gwen reminds him. "I know, but it'll be a shame for you to not stay." Jack adds. A couple minutes later, he gets a phone call. He doesn't know who, but he answers it. "Careful, World War 2!" Rex warns him as he answers his phone. "Hey, why didn't you phone Gwen on that instead mine?" Archie questions him, Jack leaves him unanswered.

"Hello?" Jack says through his phone. "Hey, Jack!" Answers a familiar female voice. "It's Martha, I was wondering if you could help us out." Martha suggests a mission for Jack, as she has done in the past before. "Me and Mickey need help catching these aliens and we thought that you could tag along. That okay with you?" She questions. "Yes. Where do we meet?" Jack asks her. The others don't have a clue as to what's going on and only Gwen has met Martha before. "Jack, who is it?" Gwen questions, but Jack puts his index finger up as a sign of silence. "Well, I was wondering if we could meet up at the Water Tower. I know the Hub was destroyed, but it's a place to meet. Besides, there'll be a lot of nostalgia!" Martha suggests. "Agreed. See you in... how long?" Jack asks, as he is unaware of their current location. "We're on our way, but where are you in relation to it?" Martha answers him. "We're already here. See you when you get there." Jack replies and puts the phone down. "You sure about sending this yahoo with us?" Mickey questions Martha after their phone call. "I am." She replies.

"So who was it, man?" Rhys asks Jack after he put the phone down. "Martha. It was Martha. Only Gwen has met her; about four years ago was the first time." Jack explains to them. "Archie, are you going back to Glasgow? 'Cause you can join us, me and Rex." Jack questions Archie. "Go back? What, to bury two of our friends? Oh, that's right! You can't bury anyone if they've joined bloody Torchwood!" Archie shouts back, causing random people to stare at them. "James, you take charge. I'm gonna go with Jack." Archie says. "What?! Why are you leaving?" James quizzes him. "Archie thinks it's about time that he should take a break and hang out with his friend Jack. He hasn't taken into account that James, Isabella and Sophie do need him though. He's bit of an ass, really!" Archie answers him in the third person. "Gwen, you're not coming are you?" Jack questions her. "I can't, Jack. I'm sorry. Furthermore, now I've got to look after Andy." She explains to him.

A black SUV, much like the original Torchwood one, turns up and Martha and Mickey exit. They walk over to the group after they had their conversations about leaving. "Hello Gwen! It's been a while." Martha says and they give each other a warming hug. "Hey Martha, I bet you think that I'm going with you, but unfortunately me and Rhys were just about to leave. Along with taking Andy with us." Gwen explains to her. "Why can't you come along?" Martha questions as she is unaware that she had a baby. "Well, a few years ago I gave birth to my girl: Anwen. So, I guess you can work it out from there." She answers. "Oh, congratulations! So Jack, who else is joining us?" Martha asks him. "Us three aren't." James answers and informs her that he, Isabella and Sophie won't be helping. "They're going back to Glasgow. Instead we have: myself, Rex and Archie. Rex is an ex C.I.A agent and Archie is the leader of Torchwood Two." Jack explains to them. "Nice to see you again, Captain." Mickey adds. "Nice to see you too." Jack replies and they shake hands. "So we'll be off now. Bye Gwen, again." Jack says. "I'll see you again, Jack! I will." Gwen replies. "Good luck to you." Rhys adds. "And to you too." Jack replies to him. Gwen and Rhys take Andy and leave Torchwood once more. "I suppose we should be off too then." James says. "See you, Archie." Isabella says and the three of them leave Archie with the Captain.

Captain Jack Harkness, Rex Matheson, Doctor Martha Jones, Mickey Smith and Archie enter the SUV and make way for their new journeys. "What's the problem then?" Jack asks Martha and Mickey as they drive off. Inside the SUV, it looks fairly similar to the Torchwood one. It has all the equipment and engineering, with plenty of weapons and enough room for about six people. "Alright, so y'know we get some aliens 'round parts of London still." Mickey starts explaining to the three. "Yeah, how's that going?" Jack questions him. "Pretty shite, to be honest! That's why we need you. There's some trouble with some right hardcore aliens, yeah? And they're threatening us, y'know the usual 'If ya don't give us this and that, we'll take out your world and destroy everything'!" Mickey explains the distress that's happening with them. "God, some aliens are so unoriginal!" Jack jokes, cheering them up from the stressful manner. "I know right, anyway these ones are kinda different, though." Mickey replies to Jack.

James, Isabella and Sophie board a return flight to Glasgow. "Girls, don't worry about Archie. He's got a history with the Captain and, well... I suppose he wants to hang around with him for a bit." James comforts his colleagues once they're inside an airport in Cardiff. "I know, it's just... Millie, man! I just can't believe she's gone! Don't bother comforting me, James. Terry does all that once I get home." Sophie replies to him, tearing up about the memories of Millie. "James, once we get back..." Isabella starts, however stopped and felt nervous about what she was going to say next. It takes a couple seconds for James to make a response, "When we get back home -- What?" James asks her on what she was going to say. "Doesn't matter. Silly question." She replies. "What? What is it?" James asks once more, curious about what she is about to ask. "Did you wanna, I don't know... get a drink or something?" She questions him, implying a date. "You want to go on a date, basically?" James questions, she nods her head nervously. "Sure! Of course I will. Isabella, I've had a crush on you for bloody ages!" James answers in relief to both of them and they hug contentedly.

Martha parks the car out in a field. It's late at night by this time and they exit the vehicle. She parked up by an abandoned old shack. It's all wooden and breaking down a bit. "Why are we at this heap of shit!?" Rex questions the married couple. "It's freaking scary out here in the dark. Anything could just jump out and rip off your Goddamn head!" Rex adds to how he feels about this place. "Pleasant thought. Besides, what do we care anyway Rex? We're immortal remember, we can't die!" Jack reminds him of his immortality. "Er, yeah... course. Takes a while of getting used to at first." Rex replies to Jack. "Yeah, I know. All those bar fights back in the 1800s and I died. Sometimes I thought that that was it!" Jack shares memories of his past. "Wait, Rex. How are you immortal?" Martha questions him. "Long story. Doesn't matter now anyway, does it?" Rex answers her and the five of them head inside.

Inside the shack, it's surprisingly clean and well sorted. As it looks like hundreds of years old outside, it looks extremely modern inside. In fact, it looks to be from the future! What shocks the trio the most is some chair with computers and other devices hooked up to it. "What is all this?" Archie asks the two once they sit on a modern sofa. "This is our workplace." Mickey answers, giving them the briefest answer possible. Mickey then hands them all cookies, whilst Martha sets up the work from her office (one of only four rooms in the entire shack).

Gwen and Rhys are sitting in a waiting room in a hospital for Andy. A nurse comes out explains that they can go in now. Gwen had previously explained to them about Torchwood and that he is healing, but the two were careful on what doctor to have him looked at. "You okay, Andy?" Gwen asks him when he awakes, revived. "What happened? I can't remember much." Andy replies. "Best way to put it is that Torchwood happened, man!" Rhys jokes with him, as they both have mildly bad experiences with the Torchwood organisation. "Take some rest, Andy. That's all you need." Gwen comforts him and goes to sit next to Rhys in the room with Andy. "Gwen, you're not going back to Torchwood are you?" Andy questions her what has been on her mind since she left. "No. No, I don't think I can. But Torchwood will always come back to me!" Gwen answers, implying that danger shall always follow her because she joined Torchwood back in 2007.

[THE PICTURE IS OF A REAL GRAVE BY THE MERMAID QUAY IN CARDIFF FOR IANTO JONES, WHO DIED ON DAY FOUR OF CHILDREN OF EARTH, SAVING THE WORLD. R.I.P]