Five

Anxiety overflowed in Sasha's belly like a waterfall as she stared at herself in the mirror, trying to catch any flaws in her appearance or makeup

Anxiety overflowed in Sasha's belly like a waterfall as she stared at herself in the mirror, trying to catch any flaws in her appearance or makeup. She was to meet another one of Tony's closest friends today, James Rhodes, her boyfriend's roommate during college. This wasn't as daunting as Pepper for sure, and thankfully she wasn't going to be disheveled and be dressed in Tony's shirt, a sure indicator that they'd slept together the night before.

After doing a final one-over and smoothing down her shirt, Sasha made her way downstairs to greet her boyfriend.

Tony gave her a soft smile when she came downstairs. "Hello," he said. "You look gorgeous."

A blush spread across her cheeks. "Thank you."

"Rhodey is waiting for us at the coffee shop," he said, holding his hand out for her to take.

Sasha smiled as she took it, though she was getting more nervous by the minute. Pepper hadn't liked her, and she wasn't sure if that had changed at all. She wanted to get along with Tony's friends, especially since she didn't have many friends herself. It wasn't for a lack of trying, she'd just never clicked with anyone at college or with her coworkers, but it could get lonely. The only friends she had were back in Ireland, and due to time differences and just general life differences, they hardly ever talked anymore.

"Tony...what if he doesn't like me?"

He frowned. "I'm sure he'll like you. He was just happy to know that I've got someone that makes me happy when I was telling him about you."

Sasha's body relaxed a little, and she let out a breath she didn't know she'd been holding. "Alright. Thank you." She got into the car. "Can we drive with the top up?"

He nodded, as he got into the car as well, putting the top up. Once he was buckled in, he leaned over to kiss her forehead. "I'm glad you two are gonna meet."

"So am I. I really want to get along with your friends. It's important to me."

Tony smiled. "Okay." As he started up the car, he reached over to squeeze her hand. "I'm positive you two will love each other."

She kept a tight grip on his hand while he drove, her nerves not calming down whatsoever.

Tony soon pulled up to a small coffee shop, parking the car. "Oh, Rhodey's here already," he said, gesturing to a sleek grey car across the parking lot.

Sasha looked from James's car to Tony's, a soft smile spreading across her face. "You seem to have the nicest car here," she joked as she stepped into the fresh air, smiling as the breeze blew through her hair. The smile quickly faded, though, when she noticed a group of young adults glaring at her and Tony. Actually, they only seemed to be directing their scowls at her boyfriend.

"What the hell...?"

Tony frowned too. "Let's just go over to Rhodey." He led her to a corner table where Rhodey was sitting down already.