Prank Call

Part Eleven

It turns out that Clemonts plan was, in fact, genius and the four decided to roll with it. While Professor Sycamore checks out Charizard and Typhlosion, Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie iron out their plan.

"I have a video camera on my phone!" Bonnie squeals, "I will take the video."

"And I have a special guest that will definitely help throw off Team Rocket." Clemont grabs his bag and pulls out a premier ball. "Come on out!" He shouts and a sweet, female Pikachu appears.

"A Pikachu!" Ash exclaims kneeling next to it and scratching her chin. "She looks very strong and she's a really sweetie, isn't she?"

Raichu appears around Ash's sides and greets her - chirping happily. She is stunned momentarily at the sight of such an unusual example of her evolution. At her reaction, Raichu tries to back away. Lately, he's been feeling like Pokenstein. However, after her observation of him, she prances after him and sends her greeting in the form of an electric shock - a form of communication that is often preferable for electric types. Having been accepted by her, he very carefully communicates back to her.

"Oh how sweet! They like each other!" Bonnie swoons at the two Pokemon of the same species line.

Sweat drops from Raichu's forehead and he suddenly feels a new burning in his cheeks when the sweet Pikachu nudges him softly with her head. They continue to communicate through electricity until the Pikachu blushes lightly, but scurries back to Clemont sadly.

"What just happened?" Ash, though he can understand his Pokemon's speech, can't understand electricity.

"I think he rejected her." Professor Sycamore watched the whole thing and tried his best to make sense. "Raichu knows he and Ash have a long journey. He can't be distracted right now."

Raichu's ears droop seeing Pikachu sadly perched on Clemont. Using his voice this time, Raichu explains to her that he would be interested in being friends and maybe they could get to know each other better when their mission is complete. She perks back up and bounds back towards him to shake his paw. Together they laugh and prance around like old friends.

"I know how you feel, bud." Ash says quietly and absentmindedly.

Immediately, there are stars in Bonnie's eyes and she is interrogating him. "Ash, are you distracted by a GIRL? Who is it? Ash, you have to share!"

He's stunned and falls backward. "It's uh.. nothing really. Just someone I travelled with once, but it will have to wait."

"Let's see. Who were your old travel buddies? Hmm. Was it a friend from Alola? Mallow, Lana, Lillie? Maybe Serena? I think there was an Iris! There were more though. Uhm. Was it April? No! It was May! Was it Serena? You guys got along well!" Luckily for Ash, Bonnie is much younger and didn't see his interactions with each of the ladies that accompanied him on his journeys. Unluckily for Ash, Clemont knew a little more about it.

"Bonnie, it's Misty." At Clemont's bold assertion, Ash's jaw drops wondering how he knew.

"Misty? The gym leader of Cerulean City? You travelled with her?" Bonnie looks confused for a moment and tries to picture the couple. "Clemont and I met her at a gym leader retreat. I don't see it. She is too nice for you."

With the jig up, Ash snorts childishly. "Nice? Is that all you know about her? Misty is the most hot headed, firy, stubborn woman I know. When we were kids she would jam a mallet in my face when I did something stupid or arrogant."