Chapter 10: Beautiful Pain

The entire day, Elijah's mind was focused on the memory he obtained. But he was still unsure whether it was real or just his imagination. The bell rang for lunch and Elijah walked out of the class unknowingly.

"Hey!" Natsuki said to him happily as she arrived at his side. Elijah snapped out of his daydream and looked at Natsuki.

"Hey." he replied looking back in front of him.

"So I wanted to ask you something." Natsuki said to him which caused Elijah to raise an eyebrow.

"Shoot." Elijah said turning at his locker.

"If I said I have a few friends that I accidentally told them about that thing.....and how you've been seeing it......and they want to kinda meet you......would you meet them?" Natsuki hesitantly asked. Elijah's heart skipped a beat.

"You told them? Are you crazy?" Elijah quietly yelled so no one over heard them. Elijah's stomach emptied into a pit. He felt it swirl around and turn.

"Well it kinda slipped and then they wanted to know if I had proof so I said you.....then they said they wanted to see you since they think you're fake. Please don't be mad!" Natsuki said shakily. He sighed and looked at her.

"I'm not mad just....I don't know." Elijah said nervously. His stomach ached and twisted into a knot. Natsuki looked confused at Elijah's obvious discomfort.

"Are you....nervous?" Natsuki asked tilting her head. He looked at her and shrugged.

"Well don't worry about it. I'll introduce you and all that stuff." Natsuki happily said smiling at Elijah who's heart was racing.

"Uh....okay." Elijah replied to Natsuki who was giving a giant smile.

"Yes!" Natsuki yelled in happiness. They walked down the hallway and into the cafeteria. She held Elijah's hand pulling him towards a table with a few kids sitting and chatting. Elijah's stomach wrenched with every step he took closer to the table.

"Hey guys!" Natsuki happily said to the kids breaking up any conversation they may have had. They look up at Natsuki, then they turn to face Elijah making his heart stop.

"This is Elijah. I told you he wasn't fake." Natsuki said to the kids while crossing her arms.

"Sup man." a taller boy said at the table. He had white blonde hair that was shaved on the sides and the top of his hair was longer and brushed to one side. He had ocean blue eyes that were staring at Elijah. He was wearing a plain white hoodie and black baggy jeans. He looked oddly familiar to Elijah, but he shrugged it off assuming that they may have saw each other sometime since they were in the same school. He looked at Elijah with a confused look which made Elijah start to question him in his head.

"Why is he looking at me like that?" Elijah was panicking eternally, but he didn't want to ruin it for Natsuki so he did his best to keep his cool.