Chapter 17: The Seed that Grows

Elijah couldn't help but shake in fear. All color from his face drained at the sight he saw before him. Not only was Noah accompanied by Kishiki, everyone he loved that was now dead stood behind him. The real Noah. Elijah's dad. Their cold gazes burrowed into Elijah's eyes, giving him the urge to scream from both fear and sadness.

"What the hell?" Damion shakily said.

"You know, I thought of doing this the easy way. Just slice your throats while you're asleep, or have Kishiki do his signature move and rip apart your heads. But, that would be too cliche wouldn't it. Just an ordinary death. Too predictable. Now however, I have drained you guys dry of any emotion except fear. That way it's easier for your loved ones to rip you apart and not care." Noah explained coldly while pacing back and forth in the hallways.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Natsuki screamed at Noah. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she collapsed on the ground.

"Wrong with me? Ha! It's funny how you say that, because none of this is actually 'my' doing." Noah said, air quoting the 'my' part.

"How is it not your doing! You're the one trying to kill us! We're just kids! Can we have a normal life without you having to come in and rip it apart? Can we live like kids our age should? Not in fear of being ripped apart by someone that isn't even real?" Natsuki screamed at Noah. His cold glare rested on Natsuki's broken self, a venomous smile appearing.

"You're right. I'm not real. Neither is Kishiki. Yet, we're still able to hurt you three. Still able to kill you if we wanted. And you were never going to be involved if it wasn't for your precious Elijah." Noah evilly said to Natsuki, both their heads slowly turned to look at Elijah.

Elijah's stomach dropped into an empty pit. It began to swallow his heart and the last bit of love for the world he had.

"He's right. I should've never brought her into this. And if I never got close to her, Damion wouldn't be involved either. Yes, I wouldn't know I had a brother, but that is worth sacrificing if I know both him and Natsuki are safe. But now they're not. I fucked up.......I have to fix this."

"You're sweet Elijah dragged both you and Damion into this mess. Originally I was going to kill him, but then you two came along. Thanks to him, I now have more people to feed to Kishiki." Noah said again, his venom filled smile turning into a smile that would drive a person crazy just by a quick glance.

"He's right. You did drag us into this. We'd be safe if you never got us involved. But you did. What was your goal? To watch Damion and I get hurt?" Natsuki asked, even more tears were running down her face. Guilt consumed Elijah, his world was spinning.

"I tried not to get you involved, but you came up to me! You pushed me to tell you!" Elijah yelled defensively. He instantly regretted his remark. He was defending himself for something he didn't want to defend anymore. He wanted to let go. To give into the thing he's been fighting.

"You're a selfish asshole! This is all your fault!" Natsuki screamed at him, causing the last remaining pieces of Elijah's heart to shatter. He imagined all his heart's pieces scattering across the floor, then sinking into the floor to never be found again.