Chapter 48

Noah's POV
Sunlight peeked through the curtains covering the windows. Lily was curled up into a ball next to me. Her whole body shivering-well shaking-constantly. I held her hand, and suddenly she stopped shaking. Her breathing pattern was constantly changing whether it was calm or vigorously breathing from traumatic dreams. Her breathing was calm when I held her hand, but the minute I let go, it was like she was suffocating. I grabbed a nearby stuffed animal and slipped it into her arms. She calmed down a bit, however it wasn't the same.

I headed downstairs to make a small breakfast. Everything was quiet. Dead silence took all the air away and replaced it with itself. Nick got up this early to help me, but...

Yeah...

"What to cook...what to cook...." I rocked back in forth in front of the opened fridge.

And without warning, arms wrapped around my body slowly. Another body being pressed against mine. Heavy sighs. A smile crept upon my face with great joy.

"Good morning, beautiful," I told the love of my life.

"Good morning, butthead," She responded back.

"I'm trying to get breakfast before we head to school..." I told her.

"Why don't we just get breakfast on the way to school?" she suggested.

"Alright," I gave in.

We got ready and just walked every where. It was like an hour and a half or so until school begins. There were morning walkers, people who walk their dogs, joggers, etc. We walked with mini coffees, mini donuts, and muffins with us as walked around every where. It's not even seven yet and there are stores already opened. The sound of blinking lights, traffic lights, bells from door, the slamming of car doors, honks from buses and cars, and yelling and screaming from miles away from early New Yorkers filled the city morning. The smell of freshly cooked pancakes, waffles, muffins, donuts, coffee, gasoline, and cigarettes being lit. We walked around and looked through the opened shops. Throughout vintage stores, small food stores, etc.

I was looking at an old pianos at one of the vintage stores Lily and I were checking out. I heard someone playing "The Great Escape" on one of the pianos in the other aisle of pianos. Then someone started singing.

I walked around to the other aisle and saw who was playing. Dylan...

He had a Fall Out Boy shirt with ripped jeans and worn out Converse. Bracelets from all types of bands/artists. From AC/DC to Nirvana to Bon Jovi to Fall Out Boy to 1975 to One Direction to 5SOS to many more. He turned to face me. His eyes bloodshot, face pale as snow, fingers trembling and playing air piano, and constantly biting his lip.

"Hey," I greeted. "You okay, man?"

And suddenly before I knew it he passed out...

"Lily..." he whispered.

"Lily!!" I called for her. She raced in under a few seconds breathing heavily and ready to go down as well.

"Dylan!" She shrieked.

We helped him up slowly. Swung his arms over our shoulders and tried our best to wake him up. His eyes fluttered open constantly, but they kept closing.

"Dylan! Dylan!" She chanted.

We managed to sit him up on one of the chairs against the wall. Lily kept calling his name. I rambled through my backpack looking for water. I stumbled looking for it as I kept my eyes on the passed out guy.

"Here," I handed to the water bottle.

Lily took the water bottle and attempted to give Dylan the water slowly. Some of the water had gotten all over his shirt. I had enough that I just dumped the water all over him.