Chapter Four.

Harry's POV

I was glad that Peyton kissed Niall.  I could tell he fancied her.  Maybe a little, maybe a lot, but it didn't matter. Peyton was obviously fit, but I didn't know much about her to say that I fancied her.  While most people believed that I was a player and a huge flirt, I actually wasn’t.  Well, I did flirt, but I was not a player.  People seemed to forget that just because you flirt, did not automatically make you a player.

I was pleased with Liam suggestion that we should get to know Peyton, though, she didn't seem to pleased with it.  She looked really apprehensive, but was willing as long as we didn’t go to personal.

"So Pey... What's your favorite color?" "What's your favorite flower?" "Favorite food?" "Favorite candy?" "What's your favorite animal?" All five us threw these questions at her.

My question was favorite candy.  You can always win a girl over by her favorite candy.  It was quite comical, but she answered them like she expected these questions.

"Purple. Daisy. Pasta. KitKat and Sour Patch. Penguins and Kangaroos.”

It was interesting to hear her answers. It seemed to be what you would expect, but not really. I didn’t know why, but I was intrigued by her answers.

”Now, Pey... I have two questions for you." Niall said and I turned to back to her, she looked slightly concerned and her voiced sounded nervous as she answered,  "Yes Nialler."

"How have we helped your life? And where are your parents?” He inquired and you could almost see the life vanishing from Peyton’s once sparkly eyes.  It was like she didn't want to answer it.

Niall's POV

The smile I had when I asked the question was soon to disappear when I saw the pure shock that was clearly written on her face.  The room grew silent, tension thickening the air, but the silence was quickly gone when Peyton's heavy sigh filled the air.

"You helped me because I was in a really dark place and you pulled me out.  You guys are showing me that it's okay to accept who I am.  And I don't know where my parents are." She answered, as vaguely as she could.

It killed me that I hit a nerve with her.  She seemed so cold and distant from everyone.  She had her head down when she spoke and just twiddled with her fingers, absentmindedly.

"Love, do you honestly think you are going to get away with those vague little answers? No, now spill. Everything." Zayn said, emphasizing "everything".

She, again, sighed heavily, which appeared to be something she did when she was hesitant on her answers.  Zayn was right though, we weren't going to let it go.

"If you really must get into my past, fine. I got out a really unstable relationship, where I was mentally and emotionally abused.  Never physical, so don't freak. But yeah, I was mentally drained and was always in a horrible mood.  Before the relationship, I was really insecure, not really believing in anything people told me, unless it was negative.

At the beginning of the relationship, things were smooth, he was really sweet, kind, and seemed to be respectful of me. But at the end of our relationship.  He would call me all sorts of horrible names, things like: fat, ugly, slut, whore, and douchebag. I started turning into that insecure girl again, believing him.  I thought I loved him, but one day I realized I didn't want to be in this relationship, and that that it wasn’t love.  I was in love with the attention he was giving me because I was so insecure before the relationship and he made me feel better about myself.

My parents are always M.I.A., whether it's work, or just jetting around to fabulous vacation spots without me.  I never know which outcome it is until I see them again, which could be for weeks, or months even. But then I found you guys and I have been part of this fandom that calls itself a family ever since... Happy now?"  She snapped, but I don't think she meant it.

She looked so fragile, like one word could break her.  I couldn't exactly tell you what emotion she was portraying because she was still looking down, she had for her entire speech.  It was like she was ashamed of everything.  She had nothing to be insecure about, but girls were always way to confusing when it came to their insecurities, so I just let it go.

We just sat there because I didn't think anyone knew what to say.  Finally Louis nudged closer and wrapped her in his arms.  He just wrapped them around her shoulders, and pulled her towards him.  She just sat there, not doing anything.  She didn't even look like she was crying.  But finally I saw her hand move swiftly through the air and her wrist wiped something away from her eyes. If nothing else, she got teary eyed.

"Peyton? Are you crying?" I blurted out. I didn't mean to, it just sorta... I don't know.

She shot up and said, "No, don't be silly Niall."

"I think she may need a Horan Hug, Niall." Louis said, moving his head from me to her.

Without any hesitation, I got up and walked over to her.  She wouldn't get up, so I had to pick her up.  I encircled my arms around her tiny waist and stood her up.  She thrashed her legs a little, before I placed her so she was standing up. She was sure to be a stubborn thing, that was for sure.  I would have my hands full with her, but I didn't care.

I quickly spun her around and engulfed her into my famous hug.   After a minute of her arms just hanging by her side, she wrapped them around my lower chest.  I felt her smile in the hug, which put one on my face as well.

After a moment, she started to pull away and I decided I would too, though I never wanted to let her go.

"Ya know what would be a good idea lads?" I asked, looking at all of them.

"What?" Liam asked.

"We should take Peyton back to London with us.  Take her on a vacation of her own!" I said. Looking at Peyton. Her face had a look of shock, but a good shock, not the bad shock I saw earlier.

"That's actually a great idea Niall." Liam said.

"Well, let's get her packed, we leave tomorrow afternoon." Louis said, getting up and dragging Peyton to her closet to get her all packed.