Chapter 7

I wince slightly at the bright rays of sun shining through the tinted windows. Why could I still see them when it is tinted? Well apparently they are tinted to become less of an irritation towards my new kind. My eyes are still adjusting from normal ones to new ones. To my old kind it was still apparently a normal window, odd.

Shaking myself from the lesson in my head I sit up on my bed and stretch my aching muscles. Again my body is still changing, and because vampires have much stronger muscles I have to go through the process. Looking over my shoulder to the clock on the side desk it read, '6:30 am.' As well as looking at the calendar beside it, I realize it is today.

Today is the day that will change my life forever, or that's what Jimin said. The young Park Jimin is apparently the 3rd and youngest son of the Park family, who graciously took me in after I insulted their whole race. Surprisingly they just said I was uneducated and was different from the ones who chose to be turned. I didn't really care about what they thought I just wanted them to end it all, but instead they took pity. They took me to a golden like mansion saying that I can live here for the time being until I get used to it, and will start going to the specific academy for vampires. Honestly the thought of being a vampire terrifies me, but now I have to go to the school full of them? Can someone please kill me now? Well apparently vampires are technically dead.

A sigh leaves my lips. I leave the comfort of the king sized bed in this room. The Park told me it was my room, but I don't know if I will ever be comfortable saying this is my room. Well this is my life now, I just need to get that fact through my whole brain.I went to grab some clothes in my drawers. Jimin said that there wasn't a uniform we had to wear on a daily basis, but when it comes to school gatherings and outings we have to wear a given blazer to all students.

I walk towards the bathroom that is at least twice the size of my old bathroom.

I leave my clothes on the counter while I walk to the shower

I leave my clothes on the counter while I walk to the shower. Before in my old home I used to take freezing showers to wake myself up in the morning. Now, I only want to feel heat. From what I am taught about vampires, we don't burn from the sunlight or obliterate from silver. Yes, silver does hurt us, but it can be cured through time. A long time. The sun won't burn us, it irritates us if we stay under it for too long. Apparently it all depends on the bloodline of the vampires. There are some pure, regular, and half bloodlines.

I don't know a lot about the pure and regular bloodlines, but the half ones are like me. A normal human who got turned into a vampire. Apparently most halflings wanted to be turned into vampires in the beginning. They wanted the strength, the power, and never really thought of the consequences. Having your main nutrients as blood, having to deal with the painful changes, and most of all, one would have to deal with losing everything they once had. Losing friends, family, a life, a home, a world. Having all that taken away from you like a blink of an eye...

I start to wince at the smoking water dripping down my body. I turn off the shower and grab a towel from the side.

Even though vampires don't feel cold and heat is something that only irritates us, for halflings who are still going through the changes we would always feel cold. Our bodies are still changing, and when we are in the presence of heat, it does more than irritate us, it hurts. We must go through these changes if we want to live normally, well as normal as vampire lives can get I guess.

I start to put the clothes I grabbed on. I didn't really care about what to wear, but I still tried to make myself look presentable. I wore a plain white long sleeve shirt with some black slacks. All these clothes were given to me by Jimin, saying that it was big on him. After wearing the loose clothes, I glance at the fogged up mirror. Wiping the fog away, I see my pale complexion. My skin seems to be whiter than before. While my dark brown eyes became a shade lighter. My sleep kept getting cut short because of the terrors that haunts my dreams. 5 months passed, but the dreams are still there. The screams, the fears, the disappointment, everything. Everything into one. Can I ever run from it? Can I ever escape from this big nightmare? It's only a nightmare right? This is only a nightmare that I will wake up from right?

"JIn-hyung! An enthusiastic voice from the other side of the door cuts me from my hopeless thoughts

"Jiiin- hyuuung!"

"Yeah, I'm in here Jimin"

"Okay! Well come out soon.We still need to have breakfast, before heading to school. I'll wait for you outside."

"Okay."

I look back at the mirror with my unhuman reflection. This isn't a nightmare. There is no waking up from this. 5 months. 5 months, and I still can't get it inside my head that this is my life now.