~Five~

Alexis and Warrior walked down a dirt path surrounded by plains and some beat up houses. They were all too familiar with this path, knew it like their own bodies..
Literally in Alexis's case..
Alexis was stretching herself the entire way there, stretching. "Charlie's gonna love seeing how far I've gotten with it!"
"You bet. Look you can curl into a ball and roll down that hill! It's not comfortable but...you know" Warrior chuckles.
"I know right! I wonder if that rock boy will be there so we can kick his ass!" Alexis blurts out in her excitement.
Warrior pauses in silence, remembering his surprising blow under the eye and the agony Alexis went through. He slowly unbuttons part of his suit and looks at the rest of his scars and bruises left from all the other attacks.
"Hahaha!! Right Warrior!" Alexis giggles. She silently notices him getting upset "...oh...I'm...sorry..."
"No it's okay..." Warrior smiles, putting an arm around her "you were just excited for revenge and visiting your sister and instructor."
"...well...we're almost there anyway...you know" Alexis smiles.
"I know. I can already see the dim lights. Looks like they're still getting ready for the show.." Warrior looks at Alexis.
"We came at a perfect time, both of them should be around!" Alexis gets excited, ready to see them again. "I can't wait to see them!!"
Warrior gives a light smile seeing his friend get so happy. It wasn't often she got this excited, but when it happened, he always wanted to see such a spectacle.
Eventually the two got close enough to the circus. They scurried the back, looking for an entrance that wasn't the one for guests. Even if they technically were "guests".
Alexis rushes in once she sees an opening, Warrior running after her.
Alexis stopped when she saw one of the two people she was eager to see, Warrior crashing right into Alexis and pulling away. "Can you not just suddenly stop in random places?"
Alexis watched an inkling boy quickly put things together and others in their destinations.
He was tall, around 25, thin and quick. His pupils were dilated and he could barely stay still, running around and setting up. His tentacles were orange, pulled back, pale skin and freckles, red eyes if you could see it under his pupils. His jacket a dark purple, under it a sky blue shirt with a blue swirl pattern. And pants with arrows that get bigger and bigger the farther they go down.
"Charlie!" Alexis cheers, watching him pause and slowly look back.
The inkling rushes over to them and hugs Alexis tightly. "Alexis!!" He cheers, slowly putting her back down. "Hey there you little stretch! How you doing? Good? I bet your good! Side note, how many times do you think you've lied about your mood?"
"A lot most likely. It's some weird sin to say your not ok." Alexis laughs.
"I know right!! It's weird, like I have to act happy here so much, granted I make money here and need to be happy but you know, I have feelings! Speaking of feelings, are you two dating? Never asked just saying everyone thinks your an item. Speaking of which why do they call it an item?-" Charlie gets stopped mid-ramble.
"Well we aren't an item." Warrior stops him.
"....ok, yes I get it sir. I get it Mr. Big tough painless man. Sure yep please stop interrupting me-" Charlie rambles partially.
"Oh, Warrior don't be so dramatic. You know how Charlie is. Hard to shut him up but it's fascinating to hear him talk!" Alexis chuckles.
"Fascinating? Thank you! I appreciate the compliment! Speaking of which how's the contortionism? Any uses of it? Say how are those lesbians back at the group doing did they hook up yet?" He asks.
Alexis laughs "uh no they haven't. But the stretching is doing great! I kicked someone's ass with it and figured out ways to utilize it in combat!"
"Wow! That's amazing! Glad to hear it's going well! How well was the ass kicking? Did it make the others afraid? I bet they were suuuUUPER SCARED-" Charlie saw the safety net fall down and rushed to reset it, coming back just as fast as he left.
He smiled at them, his large pupils staring into their souls, but...it wasn't creepy, more entrancing.
Alexis smiles back at him. "Wanna see what I can do?"
"Yes! Show me! I bet it's wonderful! You must be so advanced! It's been a while since I last saw you do your tricks!" Charlie cheers, picking up Alexis and bringing her to a more level area.
Alexis giggles being pulled into the air, finding it free and fun. She loved it.
When put on the ground, Alexis inhaled and prepared herself. She bent herself forward, resting her front on the ground and slowly lifting her legs over her head. She crosses her arms against her chest so she doesn't involuntary use them as support. And holds that stance for two full minutes.
Charlie stares in awe "Damn girl! Your doing great! You ain't even holding yourself up, impressive!! Hope you can show that to your sister! Warrior you have a fine lady friend right there! Dang lucky to have someone as flexible as her protecting you, especially after all you've done for her! Say, how's that wound on your chest doing?"
"It's doing fine." Warrior smiles, looking at Alexis, admiring her talent.
"Thanks guys!" Alexis slowly unwraps herself, standing up and stretching.
One of the directors calls over Charlie.
"Coming madame!! Bye Alexis, keep up with the stretching, your doing great!! Your form there was perfect!! Damn near a perfect ball! And Warrior, keep aspiring for the arts, I've seen you play instruments, your fantastic! And you keep Alexis happy!!"
Alexis smiles, Warrior chuckling "thanks. Didn't plan on stopping."
Charlie remembers why he was saying goodbye in the first place, and ran off to attend to the director's needs.
Alexis waves him off with a light smile, slowly looking to her side and seeing the best part about visiting.
There she stood, a heightful 6 feet tall, counting her cards and all her other supplies. You can't mess up on stage, so you gotta know what's missing.
Alexis looks at what was in front of her, smiling widely. She gets extremely excited, taking Warrior by the hand and dragging him over there. "Melanie!?"
The figure slowly looks at them. An hourglass body, the chest being slightly smaller than her hips, long pink tentacles that go down her back. Dark purple gloves, a lavender dress with light purple markings of hearts, swirls, tiger marks, and bubbles, and rainbow straps.
She stares down at them, her magenta eyes glowing when she sees the smaller, similar looking girl. Her smile widens, looking down at them. She extends her arms, hugging Alexis tightly and lifting her up. "Alexis!! There's my Stretch Armstrong!!"
"Melanie!! It's been forever!!" Alexis gushes, hugging her tightly.
"We were just here last week..." Warrior looks at them.
"Oh and look who she brought with again! It's nice to see you, Levi! Welcome back!" Melanie slowly puts Alexis down, lifting the 20 year old with ease and hugging him tightly.
Warrior looked surprised. She never greeted him this enthusiastically before. "....hello." is all he could say.
"How's my baby sister and her man friend doing?" Melanie smiles, hands on her large hips and a smile on her face.
"We're doing great!! The team is on a roll, were using our expertise the best we can!" Alexis cheers, getting excited.
"Nice!! Win anything yet?" she asks "I'd like to watch you turf!"
"I would love it if you did! Oooh, and when we win-!" Alexis was stopped.
"Now now, Alexis. Think about the chances of another failure." Melanie suggests, her happy smile fading away into concern.
"What are the chances?" Alexis reassures "We have the ultimate weapon! Uniqueness!"
"Well no matter how many precautions you take, there's still a chance things will backfire." Melanie reminds her.
"Alright, alright...but...promise me you believe in us...?" Alexis smiles lightly.
"I do." Melanie smiles back at her.
"And I believe in you too" Warrior puts his arm around Alexis, watching her hug him tightly.
"How's the scars doing by the way, Warrior?" Melanie asks curiously.
"They're doing fine. They're not bleeding so I'm not concerned" Warrior lifts his suit and checks on his wounds, nodding in confirmation.
Their attentions were drawn away when an announcement came on, ordering the performers to come to backstage.
"Well...that's my call." Melanie chuckles. "Cheers?"
"Cheers, sis! It was great seeing you again!!" Alexis smiles, hugging her one last time.
Melanie pulls away and gives Warrior a hug too, then rushing backstage.
"Guess it's our turn to leave then..." Warrior chuckles and holds Alexis's hand, leading her outside so they can make their journey home.
Alexis holds Warrior's arm while they walk, looking around at the dusk sky. They were holding each other close, trying to keep close and warm.
Suddenly another inkling crosses their path, holding a rock. "Well well well, who do I see?"
Warrior gets in front of Alexis, ready to take hits for her once again. "Glad to see you finally got off your ass to do something.."
The person laughs, throwing a complimentary rock at him, leaving a small red spot on his forehead. "Calm down, put away your rage boner. I just came to say I'm excited to battle you two at the Turf War..."
"Turf War?" Alexis looks over Warrior's shoulder.
"You didn't hear? Your little team is being given a second chance to win. And if you can prove to yourself, they'll let you move onto the Splatfest."
Alexis slowly looks down, realizing the urgency of what they were just told. "The Turf War again...?
"...thank you. Now fuck off." Warrior hisses at the inkling.
"Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you. You and you're feminine hips will fucking lose." They chuckle and walk away.
"I can't control my anatomy dammit!" Warrior yells.
Alexis hugs him tightly and pets his head "don't get mad. Just...relax. Ok?"
Warrior holds her close, continuing to walk home.

-------------------------
Credits

Creator: YuriHaven/GeekyTheArtist

Co-Creator: ninBENdotheHedgeling

Art above by: YuriHaven/GeekyTheArtist

Character designers for Desti, Tillie, Millie, Koral, Warrior, and Alexis: YuriHaven/GeekyTheArtist

Character designers for Eva and Alex, as well as character elements by: ninBENdotheHedgeling

Charlie's personality inspired by my good friend: kiritolingo