~Seven~

Desti barges into their meeting room, holding Koral by the wrist. "Hello.." Koral nervously waves, not understanding what's going on.
Desti chucks Koral on a chair, Alex catching her.
"Thanks, edgelord.." Koral slowly sits up, rubbing her head.
"No problem, hybrid." He looks at Desti.
Desti looks at them "Guys. I'm so happy but scared to say this. We've been invited to try again at the new Turf War.."
They all look at each other in awkward silence. Eva jumped up "this is great! Look, if we win this, we can move onto the Splatfest, and then get the respect we need, no, deserve!"
Warrior pipes up "Eva...put your optimism away for a moment...what if we lose?"
"Well uh...we'll keep trying!" She cheers.
"But what if they won't allow us to try again?" Warrior walks over to her.
"We'll make them!" Eva tries to make a tough pose.
Warrior sighs and takes off Eva's cat ears. She tries grabbing them, Warrior pulling them back. "Hey, give those back!"
"See? You are our team, I am Inkopolis, and your....weird....headband is our trademark." Warrior tried to make a comparison. He then started walking towards the trash.
"No...don't you dare!" Eva sheds a tear.
Warrior held it above the trash.
Eva rushed towards him, face red, tears flowing out of her eyes.
Alexis, Koral, and Desti all stand up to resolve the issue. Koral detains Eva, hugging her close, and using a calming method she claims to use on her brother. "It's ok Eva...shhh..." She gently rocks the octoling back and forth.
Alexis holds Warrior by the arm "Levi I think she gets the point...give her back the ears...."
Warrior sighs and gives the ears to Desti, walking with Alexis back to their seats.
Desti walks over to Eva, gently taking her from Koral. Koral slowly walks back to her seat, watching what Eva and Desti do.
Desti slowly puts the ears back on Eva, smiling "your never fully dressed without a smile.."
Eva smiles and hugs Desti tightly.
Desti pets her head gently, smiling.
Alex slowly looks back "uh...sorry to break up the rainbow you got going on, but...there's urgent news to be discussed."
Desti caught onto his words, pushing Eva towards her seat and walking back to the table.
Eva didn't get it, and confusedly went back to her seat.
"Alright...uh...where were we..." Desti asks.
"Talking about the possibilities of winning and losing." Warrior reminds.
"Yes..we really need to outdo ourselves this time. Even if it takes more training with my mom, we will do everything we can. No matter how ridiculous the training is." Desti declares.
"I agree." Warrior stands up.
"Third." Koral slowly stands up.
"But...what about strategy? It's the Durable SplatDeer! They're as powerful as a Deer's antlers!" Alexis looks concerned.
"More like the Durable Dildos if you ask me" Alex snickers. Koral snickers a little, so does Warrior and Alexis. Eventually Desti did crack a smile, and so did Millie eventually. Leaving Tilly and Eva in confusion.
"Humor aside.." Desti breathes, trying to stop giggling. "Alexis has...a point. They are powerful but I have a strategy."
They all raise their eyebrows.
"Us." She smirks
"....yeah....we're as basic as them but we're odd." Warrior brings up.
"Exactly!" Desti smirks "we are odd!"
They caught on.
"Think about it! We have a waterproof hybrid, me, an animal charmer, a 2 for 1 teammate, a contortionist, you can't feel any pain, an escape artist, and a genius! We are the ultimate team!" Desti cheers.
They look at each other slowly. Eva slowly puts her hand in the middle. Followed by Desti, then Millie, Tilly, Alexis, Warrior, Alex, and then finally...Koral.
"We will Splat that fest!" Desti yells

-----------------------------------

Maria looks nervously around the table of her team. She only feared the meeting they were gonna have.
The leader finally comes by. "Invited by the elites to another Turf War. Once again The Lone Dangers prevail."
They cheer.
"But we know we'll kick the shit out of the RoadSplatters, so let's skip that..." He chuckles. "So, if we win, and if the stars align...the SplatFreaks will win. And we can knock them off the ballpark at the last moment."
The others, except Maria, cheer.
"And luckily..." The leader slowly walks towards Maria, grabbing her shoulders and leaning over one of them. "Our best girl has hung out with one and knows exactly what their strategies are."
"Not really sir, it's...the smart one. She knew not to reveal anything." Maria brings up.
The leader looks at her and shrugs "they're freaks, what more can they know?" He pulls himself off of her, walking back to his seat.
"A lot actually." Maria covered her mouth hearing her defensive tone.
"I've never heard you say anything that way, darling. Is there something your not telling us? It's ok to be honest.." he glares at her.
"We may hate you, but at least you won't be a liar.." the other female chuckles.
"Uh...nothing I just...I have reason to believe we're underestimating their ability. We should..try harder." Maria nods
"....I'm having a hard time believing it. But just in case she's right, we should do extra training, as a precaution. Thank you for the heads up.." he nods to his teammate.
"No problem" Maria winks, looking slowly at the table, fiddling with her fingers.
The other male of the team slowly puts his arm around Maria in an attempt to calm her anxious attitude. They cared, but they took this seriously.

"Hey, wait.." the other female gets up and asks. "Maria...which SplatFreak do you know?"
"Koral, the one with...hyper memory." Maria looked confused.
"Get her to map out the routes. And steal it for us!!" She smiles.
"Your a genius, Esmeralda!" The leader chuckles. "Think you can Maria?"
"I....y-yeah..." Maria looks down.
Esmeralda walks over and grabs Maria by her hand, hugging her close "we will win this Splatfest, and we will prevail over those suckers."
"Uh...yes" Maria pulls away and hugs her teammate once again, this time lifting her up.
They all laugh, but deep down Maria didn't know what to do. Help her friends...or respect her crush.

Maybe being popular wasn't such a blessing..

-------------------------------
Credits

Coworker, designer for Eva and Alex, and head of characteristics: ninBENdotheHedgeling

Designer for Alexis, Desti, Tilly, Millie, and Warrior : YuriHaven/GeekyTheArtist