Chapter 6- Reconciliation

Yuno looked at the sunlight pouring into her room on a quiet Saturday morning. She sighed in absolute boredom. ‘What to do..I wonder if anyone is available to hangout today.’ she thought lazily. Flopping on her bed, she casually scrolled through her phone. “Oi Yuno, Can you come down for sec? Breakfast is almost done!” “Yes, I'll be right there.” She smiled to herself. Dad was actually home for once. 'I guess this was his way of making up for being gone in my first week of school.' Yuno walked down her stairs to the smell of pancakes and bacon. She turned the corner to see her father in a pink apron. In black bold letters it said ‘Kiss the chef as much as you’d like’

“G-Good morning Dad.” She stuttered at the utter ridiculousness of her father's outfit.. He was wearing a matching pastel blue sleepwear set. With little monkeys scattered about on it. Clashing with a hot pink apron. Yuno’s Dad gave her a confused face “What, is there something on my face?“ “No, No you're fine. Ill just..set the table while you're finishing up”

The pair ate in relative silence as Taura sneakily grabbed a cup of coffee to drink upstairs. Takeshi took a drink of his coffee and cleared his throat. “So Yu-chan, how was your first week of school? Are your classes hard? Yuno finished her pancake to answer. “They're fine. I have the same homeroom as Reiya.” Her father's eyes sparkled at the familiar name. "How is she doing? Is she as lively as ever?" She thought about the incident on the rooftop in detail. "Yeah...she is" The conversation again turned silent. Takeshi scratched his beard in hesitation. 

"Say Honey, I know I'm not around as much as I should. Work can be a real pain. Dragging me to different dinners and Bars to meet up with potential clients. I don't even like drinking. But don't ever think…you can't talk to me about anything. I was once young too, ya know. And I'll be there when it really counts." She saw her father's eyes water at the end. She could see the pressure to connect to his only child. As well as the guilt building up from not being around as much. Yuno stood up to go pat her dad on the back."It's fine Dad. Really. I know you're busy with work and keeping everything in order. Please don't stress out about it." He wiped his eyes with the hot pink apron. Cracking a soft smile at his daughter's empathetic words. 

Yunos phone vibrated quietly on the dining table. It was Reiya, messaging about meeting up for the day. ‘Hey, just got done with chores for the day. Come over and we can watch some scary movies!’ She looked at her dad starting to clear the table.'He seems sad that we dont hangout as much anymore. I’ll spend some time with him. Even if it's just a few hours.’ She picked up her phone and texted a quick message. “Maybe later today. Gotta go run errands with my dad.’ She received a text almost instantaneously. “Kk, just tell me when you're free :D”

“Hey Dad, lets go get some stuff from the store. The fridge is almost empty.” Takeshi put the remainder of the dishes in the sink. Looking in the fridge, all it had was milk, 3 more eggs, chips, sauces, and one can of cola. “Yikes, you're right honey. We’re almost out of everything.” He pulled out a piece of paper and a pen from his apron. He frantically scribbled on it as he tried to remember his daughters favorite foods. “Ok Honey go get dressed. We’re going grocery shopping!”

Yuno groaned at all the energy basically seeping out of her father. ‘He gets so excited over the most mundane of things.’ Deto.‘You don't get to really say that considering your favorite hobby is finding rocks.’' Her stand manifested beside her at the bottom of the stairs. The ghost sipped the last remnants of her coffee as her user puffed her cheeks in annoyance.’I-It’s geology and it’s super cool!’ Taura rolled her eyes. Deto Deto. “It's super lame. But whatever, everyone has different interests.” Yuno put her hands on her hips in frustration “Oh your opinion does not count. You think eating is lame!” Taura crossed her arms and shook her head. 'Deto Deto Deto.' ("Yuno, everyone knows eating, especially chewing, is so last millennia. The new wave is just drinking everything. It saves so much energy and time too.”) Her user sighed as she walked past her ghost, ignoring whatever argument to go get ready.