1.

Hey! So... here we go! Let me know what you think <3

~

The sight of the empty page gaping back at Taehyung is a frustrating one. For hours now has he been sitting here at his desk, the laptop in front of him, his fingers on the keyboard, ready to type out the words he would come up with.

But... nothing.

He has started the first sentence several times now but ended up deleting it all again. Nothing he writes sounds quite right. His brain is overflowing with ideas yet as soon as he sits down to actually use them, nothing comes to mind. Taehyung has to write, though, so he remains seated in front of his laptop.

The dull pain in her temple had been there for weeks now, and slowly but surely, it drove her insane.

No. Delete. That is stupid.

She swears she didn't mean to do it. She didn't mean to pull the trigger.

No, no, no. Too abrupt. It is supposed to be a thriller, not a short story.
Taehyung squints his eyes at the sun hanging low and shining through the window and right into his eyes.

She would never forget how the sun had felt on her skin that day.

Wait, what — what is he even trying to write? Taehyung sighs, rubs his eyes, closes the laptop. Three hours have passed and he still has nothing. It's truly frustrating.

The phone next to his laptop buzzes, the screen lights up with a new message.

How's writing going?

Then, another one:

Have to work longer today. Wanna come by?

Taehyung doesn't think too long about it. Going out of the apartment for a while, getting some fresh air to clear his mind and visit the café sounds like a reasonable idea. Plus, he will get to see his boyfriend, which might be the most convincing one.

Sure.

Maybe he should try to get his mind off the story for a while. Otherwise he swears he will go insane.
Two months ago did he quit his job as a journalist to finally focus on his passion. Writing articles is not his thing — that's one thing he learned after working at the small newspaper publishing company. And, perhaps the only thing.

He knew that it would be hard to make it as an author, and he still does. He never thought that it would be the lack of inspiration that would make it so hard for him, though.

Now, all he has is a blog he last updated three weeks ago and a pile of unpaid bills on his coffee table.

He walks over to the couch, turns on the TV and then makes his way over to the kitchen to get a cold drink of water. The news are on. Taehyung watches from where he leans against the kitchen counter and drinks his water, has half a mind to change the channel when the phone rings. He doesn't often get calls, only unpleasant ones whenever he does, so he picks up the phone rather hesitantly.

"Kim Taehyung?"

"Mr. Kim! Beautiful afternoon we have, right?"

Taehyung sighs, pinches the bridge of his nose. He knows this voice and he has come to resent it.

"Mr. Choi," he says as politely as he manages, "What a pleasure."

Not really, but Taehyung can't possibly say that to his landlord. The man on the other end of the line chuckles.

"More for me than for you, I fear," he sighs, "Mr. Kim, I believe you know already why I'm calling."

Taehyung does. He glances at the pile of opened envelopes on the coffee table. It is truly unfair, the way they lay there, day in, day out, as if they are mocking him with their mere presence.