9.

this is 5.5k words of dialogue brought to you by jimin's tears

tw for mentioned/referenced suicide attempt/suicidality 

~

It's a Saturday, and for once, Jeongguk doesn't have to work. Taehyung lets him sleep for as long as he wants to, and once Jeongguk wakes up he makes coffee and breakfast for him.

"Got any plans for today?" Jeongguk asks. He looks so cute; his hair is disheveled and his cheeks still red from sleep.

"Not yet. We could go out if you want to."

It's the weekend after all, and they haven't gone out in a long while. Perhaps too long, as Jeongguk shrugs, not looking convinced.

"I don't know, don't really feel like it."

To be fair, they have never been the couple to go out clubbing a lot. Sometimes, they went out to a pub or a bar with friends, but even then they were always the first ones to leave.
During his time at university, Taehyung went out to parties a lot more, but mostly because everyone was going. Now, he has the confidence to admit that he isn't particularly fond of it.

"Me neither," he says with a smile, "Maybe we could go down to the river for a walk, though?"

Jeongguk thinks for a few moments, solely focusing on his food in front of him.
"I think we need to go grocery shopping again," he says, then sighs and stretches. "I'm still too tired to make any plans for today."

Taehyung chuckles. "It's fine. We got time. It's not even noon yet."

He goes to take a shower after Jeongguk has finished his breakfast; a quick one, just to feel a bit more refreshed. By the time he returns to the living room, Jeongguk has settled on the couch, a variety show running on TV. Taehyung steps next to him and Jeongguk immediately puts one hand on his lower back, slipping underneath the loose shirt Taehyung is wearing. His hand is cold but Taehyung doesn't complain, rather enjoys the goosebumps on his skin as Jeongguk caresses his skin.

"What are you watching?"

"Just a stupid variety show." Jeongguk sighs. "I need mindless entertainment. Life is too stressful."

Taehyung grins, carding his fingers through Jeongguk's locks, then he walks over to the kitchen table where he left his phone. He doesn't expect to have any new messages — from who, really? — so he is even more surprised to find two from an unknown number.

Hey, the first one says, This is Jimin. I got your number from Yoongi.

Taehyung raises his eyebrows in surprise. Oh.
He quickly reads through the second message.

I wanted to apologize for how things went last time. I can imagine that it was quite scary for the both of you. So I thought that perhaps we could meet for lunch today and I'm going to make it up to you? It's on me, of course. Just you and me, and Jeongguk if he wants to.

Taehyung stares at his display for a few moments too long. He reads through the message, over and over again, and as the guilt starts to build up all he can think of is that Jimin has absolutely nothing to apologize for. He did nothing wrong and neither did Yoongi.

What happened at their apartment was their reality. They allowed Taehyung and Jeongguk a glimpse of it, even though involuntarily so, and now that things are beginning to get real, Taehyung chickens out. That's it, isn't it?

He throws a glance at Jeongguk. And Jeongguk if he wants to.

He doubts that he does. He doubts that Jeongguk would endorse any of this at all. But Jimin... he just wants to apologize. It's nothing bad. Taehyung can tell him then that this book might not be written for another while. He just wants to talk to him, listen to what he has to say.