13.

shit's about to get real

~

A movie night it is. Really, Taehyung would do anything to make Jeongguk happy.

He thinks that he has never kissed as much as he has over the past 24 hours. The only time they separated was when Jeongguk had to go to work, but once he returned they were entangled on the couch again, not sure where one body started and the other stopped.

"Let's watch some movies," Jeongguk proposed. Taehyung, who was lying in his arms, traced his fingers down his jaw.

"Like a date."

Jeongguk looked down at him with fond eyes. "Yeah, like a date."

So, now they sit on the couch and watch Tobey Maguire as Spiderman jump from building to building in New York. Taehyung holds Jeongguk's hand with both of his and presses his knuckles, plays with his fingers. He doesn't care much about the movie, just enjoys the presence of the man next to him, their warm bodies pressed together. He rests his head on his shoulder, nuzzles Jeongguk's neck.

The younger chuckles and wraps an arm around him, his hand slipping underneath his shirt.

"I love you," Taehyung whispers before he kisses his neck.

The low buzz of his phone disturbs the peaceful moment. He lifts his head, spots the caller ID. Jeongguk has seen the name, too.

Yoongi.

"I'll just... quickly answer this," Taehyung mumbles and takes his phone. When he sees Jeongguk frown, he puts a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'll... just tell him to call another time. It'll be okay."
Jeongguk shrugs yet keeps glancing at him when he picks up.

Yoongi's heavy, frantic breathing alarms Taehyung right away.

"Hyung?"

"Taehyung?" He sounds like he has been crying. "Taehyung, can you — are you there?"

"Yes, I'm here." Taehyung sits up and scoots away from Jeongguk, his boyfriend's hand slipping from his waist. "What's up?"

Yoongi gasps for air. He sounds like he is pacing through his room.

"Yoongi?" Taehyung asks again, worry flaring up in his chest. He can feel Jeongguk's eyes on him.

"It's... it's bad, Taehyung." Yoongi sobs. "I think... something bad is going to happen."

For a moment, Taehyung feels his breath catch in his throat and he is unable to respond. He turns around to Jeongguk, sees the furrow of his brows and the almost unnoticeable shake of his head. He swallows heavily.

"Yoongi hyung, where are you?"

"I'm... I'm home. Look, I know it sounds stupid crazy, but I think they're coming for me." He pauses, and all that Taehyung can hear is his bloodcurdling, shaky breath.

"Taehyung, I'm scared. I'm so scared, I don't know what to do, I—"

"Just calm down, hyung, okay?" Taehyung interrupts him. He squeezes his eyes shut. This is going to hurt. He knows it. It's unfair, but it's what he has to do. Right? It's what's best.

"I can't help you right now. Just... go talk to Jimin, okay? I'm sure he'll be there for you."

Yoongi is quiet for a few beats. "What?"

"You heard me. I'm sorry, but I don't have time right now. I can't help you," Taehyung says as gently as possible, despite the pain it brings him. Yoongi lets out a strained noise.