10.

this was not supposed to turn out this heartbreaking but along the way it kind of did.

~

Namjoon-ssi, Hoseok-ssi,

You don't know me, have very likely never heard of me before, but here I am, contacting you because of an urgent matter. My name is Kim Taehyung. I am a 25-year-old freelance author based in Seoul. Currently, I am working on a book about a friend of yours, Min Yoongi. He recently approached me and asked me to write about his mental health and his struggles ever since the accident; I'm sure you are aware of what I'm referring to. Yesterday, I met with Park Jimin, and he proposed that I could contact you and perhaps meet up to talk about your view on the matter. It would help me and my work a lot. Please get back to me and let me know if and when you are free.

Regards,

Kim Taehyung

It's a warm day; Taehyung doesn't even need a jacket when he leaves the house, and the pants he is wearing are loose and wide. He just needs some fresh air. The walls of his apartment felt like they were closing in on him. Taehyung wanted to escape for a while, so now he is walking through the streets of downtown Seoul.

Business people are rushing past him, hectically talking on the phone, students walk to the nearest bus stop to get to class, people go shopping, carry their bags around, stop in the middle of the sidewalk and make the person behind them curse at them.

Taehyung takes his time.

He slows down in front of an antique shop to look at the things in the display window, considers entering but quickly decides against it as his heart would only ache at the sight of the pretty stuff he wouldn't be able to buy. The sidewalk gets more and more crowded, so eventually Taehyung takes a turn left into an empty alleyway.
It's a lot quieter here, so immediately Taehyung feels at ease. He rarely ever is here, sticks to the main streets and the promenade, but he quickly realizes that he quite likes it.

The power lines are hanging low, the sun barely manages to shine through the high houses with crumbling facades. Some shops are closed and empty.

This part of the city has a special charm to it and Taehyung loves it. To him, there is hardly anything more calming and at the same time fascinating than walking through a town and allowing for it to sink in.

He walks past a pub that can hardly be recognized as one. The building looks ailing, the door that's opened reveals a dark interior and dim lights. Taehyung can't help but take the sight in, then spots a little sign right next to the entrance.

STAFF WANTED

A smile finds its way to his lips as he approaches the door.

The air inside is typically stifling for such a place. Most tables are empty considering it's just past lunch time; a lonely bartender stands behind the bar, cleaning glasses at an excruciatingly slow pace.
Taehyung presses his bag against his chest and walks over to the bar.

"Uh, hello?" he says. The bartender, an old, hunched man, looks at him. "Hi. Excuse me, I... my name is Kim Taehyung. I saw the sign outside? I'm... looking for a job."

The bartender frowns. "A job? Here?"

Taehyung nods once, trying to keep up his optimistic demeanor.
"The sign... it says that you're looking for staff."
He thinks of Jeongguk. Wonders if he would like this.

The bartender raises his brows and sets down the glass with a sigh. He walks over to the backdoor.
"Yah, Jangmi!" he calls, "There is someone here!"