𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 ( NCT - Na Jaemin )

"We're almost out of raspberry dark chocolate truffles!"  I heard my manager's muffled yell from the front of the shop. 

        "I'll start a fresh batch!" I shouted in response.  I quickly finished wiping off the table in the corner and made my way back to the front.  I dropped the rag onto the counter as the manager handed me the nearly empty truffle tray.

        "Thanks Seyeon.  Can you grab some more cake balls while you're back there?"

        "Sure can," I smiled.  "Is there anything else we're running low on?"

        She glanced through the glass counter display.  "Looks like we're good for now."

        I nodded and stepped through the curtain, into the kitchen.  I washed my hands and tied a white apron around my neck and waist.  I shuffled over to the refrigerator to grab all the ingredients, talking to myself as I go, to avoid forgetting something.  "Dark chocolate, heavy cream, butter, raspberry extract..." naming everything off one by one.  I spun in a happy circle, back to the preparation counter and started delicately making the truffles, humming a Red Velvet song while mixing everything until my hands were a sticky mess.  I enjoyed working at the shop.  I've always had a sweet tooth, and I find baking to be a lot of fun.  What better place for me than a chocolate and dessert shop?  Even just the smell of the warm shop was enough to give you a sugar rush.  I set the tray in the fridge after shaping the truffles, removed my apron, and took some more cake balls to re-stock the display.  I strode back into the shop and handed them to the manager.

        "It's past 5 o'clock.  Are you getting ready to leave?"  I asked.

        She nodded and placed the shop keys on the counter for me.  "Yep.  You good to close?"

        "Of course!  Go ahead.  Your husband will kill me if you're late for date night."

        She chuckled.  "Alright.  See you tomorrow babe."  She playfully high-fived me.

        I waved her out the door.  "Tell Sungjoon I said hello."

        "I will.  See ya..." her voice faded as the door closed.

        I grabbed a wet cloth and went to clean some more tables as the customers left.  The bells on the door rang and another customer walked in.  I dropped the cloth on the table and went back to meet her at the counter.  "What can I get for you?"  I asked, with a smile.

        "Can I get 2 fudge cookies and a cocoa tart?"  She handed me a $20 bill and I quickly gave her her change, and bagged up her sweets.

        "There you go.  Have a good night."  I slid the bag across the counter and she nodded before taking it and leaving.

        Customers continued to come over the next two hours.  It was pretty boring when I was alone, without my manager.  It's a constant cycle of 'what can I get for you?',  cleaning tables, restocking the display, and making sure the pots of the various chocolate ganache flavors never go empty.  It finally died down around 7 o'clock, an hour before closing.  There hadn't been any customers for at least 15 minutes.

        I sighed and glanced up at the clock on the wall.  '7... he should be here any minute,' I thought to myself.  And by he, I mean the boy I anticipate seeing every Thursday at 7 o'clock.  Na Jaemin.  I wasn't particularly interested in guys.  I just never had time to even think about them.  I was constantly either at work, or babysitting my neighbor's little girl.  But this specific boy has always been in the back of my mind since my first Thursday working in the shop.